Dragon Draggin' wheel to wheel Mini racing is BACK!

Discussion in 'MINIs on the Dragon 8 (April 28 - May 2, 2010)' started by DixonL2, Jan 24, 2010.

1. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Dragon Draggin' wheel-to-whel racing is BACK!
    Yep, after a one year hiatus, Dragon Draggin' is BACK
    ("Hey, wait a minute, I saw you guys last year!")
    Yup - it's been a year already!

If you've been, then you know. If you haven't, this is a RIOT! Pick up a wood (pine) Mini car blank, carve, engineer, weight, and decorate, and come RACING! We still have the 32 foot ex-Pinewood Derby track, the electronic photo eye finish gate, and a new runoff system to really get the crowd into it.

Did I mention that we welcome back Bubba's Homebaked Nut Rolls as our Sponsor? All the fun, we brought the prices down, and we're not interfering with the panoramic photo this year (we're on FRIDAY!).

Some business notes:
    - If you registered last year and have your kit, you're good to go! Bring it on! (and yes, since we brought the prices down, we owe you $2.50 too!)
    - If you've registered and are waiting for a car, give me a couple few days. I am expecting the blanks to be delivered this week and will be madly bandsawing to get the Mini kits out as fast as possible, should ship by Feb 1. I got a new job since last year and this full time work really takes away from my free time !
    - Once you've carved 'em up, post pictures! Heck, post pictures from last year! We actually made MC2 magazine last year too, so you could be FAMOUS!

Any questions, post up or email me at L R D i x o n (at) a t t (d0t) net (or through the forum, you know how!)

See you at MOTD!

Leon and Colin and Steve and Pam and John from Bubbas Homebaked - and the PittStopMINI crew!

2. Lilredscoot

Lilredscoot New Member

May 12, 2009
    Jackson MS.
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My wife had fun last year watching the races, and if asked, she would probably give ya'll a hand if needed:D:D

3. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Great - have her come along! You come along and do some racing too, you know how those women get around race car drivers ;-)

... just ask my wife of 25 years! :D

4. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Wife and I had a blast racing last year. Helps we both did pretty good in the race and show part!! Much better then we thought we'd do as our first attempt at it.
    For the beginners be prepared to add quite a bit of weight and do so before you paint the car etc. I used a combo of fishing weights and golf club making weights.. Had to add probably 3 or more ounces which doesn't sound like much but only so much room under the car to drill either big enough holes or enough total holes to add the weight..
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

5. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    OK, everyone who ordered a car should have one by now - PLEASE let me know if you for some reason haven't received one and I'll respond!

UPDATES:
    - We now have a THREE-lane track, with digital timing and scoring, and WILL have runoffs this year! Thanks to Colin for sourcing the track and timing equipment.
    - I do have a calibrated digital scale for the weigh-in and we WILL cut the weight off at the rules-communicated 5 ounce limit. I'll bring a drill and file in case anyone has to remove weight.
    - I will bring graphite axle lube if anyone wants to top off prior to racing...
    - We ARE bringing Bubbas Homebaked Nut Rolls! Not only that, we will ALSO have the Bubba's Homebaked Nut Roll FOUNDER with us, along with his fine selection of coffees and teas, and some sort of high-tech low-tech, portable coffeemaker that makes a FANTASTIC smooth tasty hot cup o'Joe...

I CAN'T WAIT!

6. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to EVERYONE who made this event so much fun to put on. Aside from a few minor hiccups (and some ground clearance issues) all seemed to go reasonably well... if anyone has vids or photos please post up! Any feedback please share! Any suggestions, please PM me... it's a bunch of work to put this on and we really want things to go well!

HUGE THANKS to our Sponsors:
    - CooperFlags !
    - MiniBee (Jack Rowland) !
    - MiniDoMore !
    - The PittStopMINI Club

And, of course, Bubba's Homebaked Nut Rolls!