drPhilGandini's LITHIUM - Cooper Flags MINI of the Month - May 2009

Discussion in 'Featured MINI' started by Nathan, Apr 20, 2009.

1. drPhilGandini

drPhilGandini MINI of the Month May 2009

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No worries about the brake ducts. Did you see a post by Partsman about putting the disc-backer together with the Way ducts? I think he has some ideas. There's no doubt that the air from the Ways could be used more "efficiently" if it would mate up to a disc backer or something that moved with the hub. It would be complicated, though...

Well, there are actually lots of non-CF things on my car--it's certainly no JCW showcase, especially on the inside. The inside is about as dull as a dishrag, except for the Sparcos. It was just recently that I realized I could continue the CF door handle theme through the back with a JCW boot handle. Then there's the CF headlight rings that add a little touch at the front.

2. drPhilGandini

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here's a new photo with all the under-bonnet mods identified.

[​IMG]

Oh, and I put that JCW-CF boot handle on--gee it looks swish...

cheers,
    Phil

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Oh ah wee....thats a NICE diagram there drPhil

Thanks for sharing...

Sure does raise the bar around here.

4. drPhilGandini

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Reminds me of those early "see through bonnet" photos I used to post elsewhere. Such as this one:

[​IMG]

They used to help me a lot when modifying the scoop and intake diverters. Also gave me an idea for a whole new bonnet. If only I had time and a spare CF bonnet lying 'round...

5. imspencerwithanr53

imspencerwithanr53 New Member

May 27, 2009
    Barista
    Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nice, Dr.Phil. I have always admired your DS/B. Great work. Good luck with your straight exhaust problem. :Thumbsup:

-Spencer

6. drPhilGandini

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Between submitting my text to Nathan before he started Motoring Alliance, and getting it here, he gave me the chance to revise the text, but it never got published here. So the text you read is quite old.
    Since then I've solved the straight exhaust problem, done some more mods and gone to the track twice. Not bad, really.

I guess the problem with an "project in process" is that you just have to take a snap shot still image when a video would provide a whole lot more information.

I have a write up on the straight exhaust I gave Nathan, but maybe I'll just post it here and save him the trouble of re-doing the whole original post as I provided it to him.

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    So thats what that scribbled note on the whiteboard that says "DocPhil update" means...:eek:

8. drPhilGandini

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha. You're way too busy to deal with little stuff like this, Nathan. I do this same thing every day at work. It's really no big deal.

cheers,

9. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    The under-bonnet mods list IS nice... Thanks Doc!

Yeah, I loved your transparent bonnet pics when you originally posted them... back when I was a Photochop newb and went "OMG! How'd he do that?!?!" :lol:

10. drPhilGandini

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another Mod list picture showing some exterior mods:

[​IMG]
    click for the full size image.

Boy those red rings on the Konigs sure show up in this photo!

11. jerryb2005mcs

jerryb2005mcs New Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Sr. Technical Consultant for company in the energy
    Spokane, WA
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    I know this is a really old thread, but I'm glad I found it!

I'm the owner of this great car now and really appreciate all of the information that I've been able to find about it here on Motoring Alliance!

Here it is from an autocross last year doing what it does best! New wheels, new suspension, new camber plates.

[​IMG]

Since this picture was taken, it's got a half roll cage and is going on a serious diet. In the next couple months I'll add a carbon hood, roof panel and rear hatch.
    Thinking of doing the bumper and door skins too if I've got time this year.

It still has the straight exhaust but it's showing its age so that'll have to be replaced soon.

12. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Nice! Always loved his car and input. Good to see its still out there! Lol! I remember that straight exhaust thread......:crazy: