Engine Drivetrain 1st Gen Cooper S DSC issues

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by UKXPAT, May 22, 2010.

Tags:
  1. UKXPAT

UKXPAT New Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On four or five occasions in the last month, I have been accelerating and noticed a lack of power. At the same time the DSC lamp comes on and stays on indicationg a DSC fault. Power then returns to normal almost instataneously, but the DSC lamp stays on. After turning the ignition off and restarting, the DSC resets and operates normally, until the next time this happens. I am putting a lot more power through the system now, but wouldn't have thought this would have affected the DSC operation.

I was able to check the stored fault codes, and got the following. Anybody have any idea what's going on? :eek:ut:

Electronic Immobilize System (EWS)
    Code 19
    Toleration of changing code increased with key #1

Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
    5E19
    CAN DME/DDE engine torque not adjustable

2. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    A total shot in the dark: a bad censor?

3. am0eba

am0eba New Member

Dec 16, 2009
    SoCal - LA County
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My first guess would be the custom tune... Have you asked Jan about it? Sounds like your DSC isn't programmed to handle the avilable engine torque now...

_Dave_

PS: You could learn to drive with DSC off... I've been doing it since I got my MINI in 2005...

4. UKXPAT

UKXPAT New Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Crystal Lake, IL
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very true! It's only habit anyway! I am talking to Jan as well, however Jan did the work in Jabuary and the issue is only just starting to appear.