We recently did a pretty complete build for a customer with a '13 Clubbie. I was a little surprised when he asked us a couple of weeks later to do his BMW as well. He said it would come in on a rollback, but didn't specify what it was. When it arrived we all were a little surprised: That's right, a right-hand-drive E30 touring with the factory sport package, including wheels and interior. Pretty sweet old ride. We actually tried to convince the customer just to fix it up and preserve what he had, but nothing doing, he had a vision for this car: a complete custom show car on bags. It's a little bit out of our comfort zone, but we were excited to do some fabrication. I decided to go retro/steampunkish for the bag system, which meant hiding all of the compressors, tank and all of the electronics. We cut out the spare wheel bracket out of the well (who needs a spare tire, right guys? ...guys? ...guys?), and mounted the pumps, valves and controllers on a board that can be pretty easily removed and serviced. We're about 75% done with that. Here's the work in progress: It'll tidy up a bit when we are done. Installing the air bag suspension was pretty simple. You have to weld the front shocks to knuckle, and do some cutting into the body in the rear to make it work, but that's what bats and hammers are for. Now she can go really low (still on the stock wheels). Next, I started collecting antiques. I got a bunch of 150-year-old reclaimed hardwood flooring from a salvage company, to build a false floor in the rear hatch. I live in an old Philadelphia relic which, thanks to a recent fire in my house (I've been living in an apartment since last March), offered up some pretty cool bits, including a barn door hinge strap and a copper fire extinguisher (ironic). I cut open the extinguisher and extended it with sheet copper by about 40% so that it could jacket the chrome air tank. I left a lot of the patina in the wood with careful sanding and finished it with poly. I mounted it on a 3/4 board and cut it to fit the rear hatch perfectly, routing channels in the underside to accomodate the air lines. Here's what it's going to look like: The engine needed some repairs, and we took advantage of the removed-parts to powdercoat bits for a smoother look. The customer's budget is not infinite, so there will be a few rough edges on the car. It'll be a freak-your-buddies-out driver, not a trailer queen. I'll post more progress pics as we come along.