2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Could, but why take it all apart? The joint expands when the pipe heats up anyway and seals the opening. Mine has been that way for years and I'm not dead yet.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Even if you don't inhale stogies you are still breathing that stuff into your lungs. Your choice, I'm not going to read the surgeon generals warning to you.

Back on topic, fix your leaking exhaust..... :wink:

4. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Gee, Chuck...breathing ANY "stuff" from our well-polluted air will do the same thing. So, I guess we should go around wearing masks?

Have you ANY idea how many doctors and even Presidents smoke? I daresay the Surgeon General's "warning" has fallen on deaf ears...even at the top.

5. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Gee, I guess this means you will NOT be attending the Cigar Salon at MOTD next year, huh?

Seriously, I understand what you and Chuck are saying. However, we are blessed with "Freedom of Choice", whether you like it or not. It's not fair to cast aspersions on people who smoke by their own choice.

My great grandfather was a coal miner and yet, died of old age and natural causes at 87 years of age. My father was a surgeon [urology] and died of black lung disease and after having smoked CIGARETTES since the age of 17. He was 85 years old. My grandfather died of old age [89 years old] after a life of smoking a pipe, cigars, and occasional cigarettes.

I am 69. I never smoked until I was 56. I only smoke cigars and I do not inhale. I can look back on countless people I used to know who have died from lung cancer and who never smoked, but the most poignant one was my father-in-law...a war veteran, and cereal grains farmer who developed a cough and two weeks later died, after having been diagnosed with advanced lung cancer.

6. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    I smoke cigars where other cigar smokers smoke. I do not smoke where people are not smoking. If I am out in public and want to smoke, I always ask first if it might offend someone or if they would prefer I not smoke.

I smoke in my car while I drive and on my enclosed porch in the wintertime, on my outdoor patio when the weather is nice, as well as while I am mowing. I NEVER smoke inside the house [my wife is a non-smoker, but a breast cancer survivor].

I never said there are no risks to smoking...NEVER. However, I DID state there are other ways to ruin one's lungs. You do not seem to agree, but what about people who work in the iron and steel industry...or cement plants...or at any job where carcinogenic dust can enter one's lungs?

By the way, my father-in-law lived in Spain [in a remote village of around 500 inhabitants and farmed his lands around that village] all his life.

7. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Wow Jeff, I wasn't telling you not to smoke. That is your choice & your right to do so. To say it is OK because you don't inhale is laughable. You don't inhale the smoke that that comes out of the back of the cigar, but you do inhale what comes out the front of it. Same smoke same carcinogens.

Again smoke em if you got em, just don't tell me it is not harmful.

Folks hang out & smoke cigars & fine it is. Folks who don't smoke or don't like second hand smoke stay away. Seems to work well for many.

Secondhand G forces don't hurt others. :wink:

Back on topic.....

How did we go from bad gaskets to Stogies??? Or lets take a nap, because we are getting cranky.

8. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Don't think anyone is-was telling you what to do. I only took issue with your not inhaling comment. You sounded sort of Presidential. :D

9. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    You will NEVER see ME inhale a cigar. Some do, though. In fact, when I visited the Camacho ranch in 2009 with a group of other cigar smokers, the owner, Christian Eiroa, told me it is the ONLY way to really appreciate a cigar. Well, I guess that I shall never "really" appreciate them. I just puff them and exhale.... The cigars I like, I continue to buy. The rest, I give away.

10. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    This kind of sounds like a F56 argument.:D

11. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I'm ok with F56 owners smoking. They all should.

12. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    ...and inhale.

13. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I didn't mean to start a "smoking riot". :rolleyes:

14. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    #33 cct1, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    It's not a party until someone gets hurt, and it's not a thread until it's been hijacked.

15. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Sometimes
    Canal Winchster,Ohio
    Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I have a few oem ones if that helps.