1. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Poon I can help and have talked with Barry offline.

Davavd, hope you're all well and that things work out. You may have worked on this, but in moving this event forward there are a few things we need to be damn sure of, primarily the Fontana onsite speed limit, and huge safety concern with folks "getting on it" on the grounds. We may be able to meet on the East access road, then folks will be able to driving INTO the Fontana stop sign, right turn down the hill, and get hard on acceleration up the hill on 28East back to the East entrance. Only issue then would be blocking (or "managing") the East entrance, which we should be able to do with a radio, person, and flag.

LeonRDixon(at)gmail [dot] com

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Leon..

Can you setup some recording for this please. I'll be happy to host the files

3. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely... but I don't have the equipment and if Poon and I are launching cars and managing logistics we'll need a warm body with a video recorder to do this... so I'll ask participants to bring vid eqpt and be willing to forward files please!

4. davavd

davavd Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Architect
    Covington, La
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    A huge thank you to Poon and DixonL2 for taking this over. No doubt your capable hands will make a success of this. I'm looking forward to seeing, or rather hearing, the results.

5. MC40monster

MC40monster New Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Customer Service Agent at the World's Speed Shop.
    Canton, OH
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    davavd, I'm sorry to hear that your health is not to well. I am in full support of this event and am glad to hear that this event will still go on. Thank you PoonRacing and DixonL2 for taking charge of this event.

6. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    1+

Take care of yourself first. We will see you at the Dragon next year.:Thumbsup:

7. Wellzy

Wellzy New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Is it to late to get in on this event?

8. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Wish we were getting there in time for this.....

9. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Not at all, show up at the appointed time and place and I'm sure you can be fit into the mix.

10. PoonRacing

PoonRacing Member

May 2, 2011
    Ohio & Hong Kong
    Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Any body are welcome to join. I will bring my SLR camera with HD video record capability to record some footage. Also I'm bringing some high vis vest and will have my handheld radio ready and we should be set. Plus I'll bring some office supplies so you can post up on you windows what kind exhaust you have and spec. As far as sending the car to out to made a laps guess will see how much people's showing up and go from there!

11. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    OK guys... Poon, come see me at the G4 tent sometime midday tomorrow. We l;ikely canNOT run in Fontana Village to get the recording (safety reasons), but I've got a great idea on where to go (on site) where this will work, and safely. -Leon

12. davavd

davavd Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Architect
    Covington, La
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    :popcorn: anxiously waiting to hear how it went...

13. Msfitoy

Msfitoy Member

May 16, 2009
    Male
    Automotive/Industrial Designer
    NC
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I know what it sounded from the inside...can't wait to hear it from the outside...:D

come on Sam...

14. Msfitoy

Msfitoy Member

May 16, 2009
    Male
    NC
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    man it's quiet...:crazy:

15. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    great event, something like 20 cars, Poon told me the clips came out well but he's gotta edit and post, which does take some time. In some cases, what you'll hear is more of a burnout/autocross start contest, rather than an "exhaust note", but we did our level best to get decent clips, and a number of folks hung around to get a better "listen" to the various setups. Some were raspy, some were melodious, some were even not Minis (the CTS-V wagon that wounded, well, like a well-muffled GM car!), and we couldn't get Darth Vader's Own Camaro (a 500+hp beast from G4 Autosports) to come and play...

Hope to see/hear the clips soon!

16. Msfitoy

Msfitoy Member

May 16, 2009
    Male
    NC
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    #56 Msfitoy, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    I was a bit confused at the event...from what I expected, I thought the venue was going to be some reving, easy acceleration and coast...by the time I got to the line, Sam told me, "when I say go, you GO!"...once I engaged first and went WOT, both tires were up in smoke hahaha...

17. BoCRon

BoCRon Active Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Milton, GA USA
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I'm so glad this event came together. I was bummed to have missed it, but wasn't even sure I was going to make it to the Dragon this year. Thankfully my dear hubby managed to organize things so I could get away, even if only for a short trip.
    Next year I'll be front and center!

18. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    I agree, I didn't go WOT, just enough to give the exhaust a nice little ri-iiip, then coasted down for the crackle/burble, but it's fun to hear cars bouncing off the rev limiter sometimes (as long as they're not mine!)

Next year we'll be even more organized...

Hope all's well, Davavd!

19. Msfitoy

Msfitoy Member

May 16, 2009
    Male
    NC
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    #59 Msfitoy, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
    I didn't want to abuse my motor and kepted it below redline too...the only thing better would been running under a viaduct or a tunnel :D

20. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    We ran through a few tunnels on the way home, 5 minis in a row, all behaving like children (well within the speed limit, within our lanes, not stupid, but nearly-stupid loud!)