[​IMG]

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    One of the rookies just got hitched. That's Brendon Hartley.

[​IMG]

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Of course...

/r/motorsportsreplays

The HD version I watched only has a few commercials during the pre and post race shows. During the race, no commercial interruptions.

4. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    I want the pay service because I haven’t had cable in over a decade, and never will again. It’s the second decade of the 21st Centruy, nearly the third, and we do a-la-cart streaming now. The pay service will simply legitimize what I’ve been pirating from necessity.

If you feel that cable is a value for you, then by all means, keep watching those irritating commercials. I’ve not seen a TV show interrupted by commercials in years. I feel like commercial supported television in this century is a scam, honestly. It’s far less expensive to have an internet feed, and two or three channels with content that I actually want to see than a million channels that cost more AND have commercials.

Seriously, look into cutting the cord. It really is the better way to view TV. Sure you might lose some stuff, but with a good antenna, your local channels will still cover most things, plus with HULU Plus, you get most of the big shows within 24 hours of the original broadcast plus back episodes you missed. There’s still too much to watch anyway, so pick the service that best matches your need and go with that. I’ve got Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Amazon Prime which happens to include their shows and free shipping on items ordered, so that last one pays for itself pretty rapidly.

I understand that some rural areas may not have internet speeds that are up to that task, and that’s a shame really. But if it is a possibility, I cannot recommend enough just ditching the dinosaur of Cable TV.

5. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
  6. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    After Alonso's strong performance in the Rolex 24 this weekend, he was just signed to drive for Toyota in the 2018 season WEC. That means he gets his shot at Le Mans, among other things.

He hasn't dropped off the McLaren F1 roster, plans to do both o_O, except for one WEC race that conflicts with the F1 calendar.

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    No comments on DannyRic pranging the RB14 on at the media shoot in the rain at Silverstone?

Video is pre-shunt

8. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Set of videos where the new car designs are broken down.

Ferrari -

Mercedes -

Red Bull -

Alfa Romeo Sauber -

9. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Curious about F1 tech and want it explained by a Brit that sounds smart and injects a bit of humor. Check out https://www.youtube.com/user/chainbearf1

Video explanations of all things F1 for the layman, fan and expert alike - bringing the science, regulations and technical gubbins of F1 terms to the masses without the jargon and confusion!

10. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I can't believe people are breathlessly awaiting the start of the streaming PAY service! I'm already paying out the ass just to have the commercial riddled version on my TV. Now they're saying if I want to see a GOOD version of the same broadcast I have to pay even more......I don't think so Tim.......

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    I gotta say, the rose colored glasses of what F1 “used to be” is so far out of reality that it always makes me laugh.

Remember when the winners crossed the finish line more than a minute ahead of the number 2? That was how F1 used to be, and how good the racing was.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_British_Grand_Prix

Or let’s go further back to when things were really close and the winner won by over two laps from the number 2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Australian_Grand_Prix

Or is it the number of pit stops too many? Would you like zero?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Dutch_Grand_Prix

Or how about the lack of overtakes, because there were always more in the past.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Monaco_Grand_Prix
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_European_Grand_Prix

Or maybe you’d like to return to the halcyon days of reliable cars where only 4 might see the finish line?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Monaco_Grand_Prix

Nothing has changed in F1, it’s always been this way, and no matter how nostalgic people are, it’s never consistently been like they remember. None of these records linked above were all that unusual for the time.

It’s fine not to like F1, it’s great to prefer other motorsports, but I would really like people to stop claiming that it was different or better in the old days because they can’t clearly remember that F1 has never been like other races.It’s always been about the long game, about how the season plays, and about the soap-opera drama rather than the close racing.

If people want a different kind of show, they should watch a different kind of show and be happier rather than trying to believe that F1 is something it is not.

And yes, I cherry picked some races that were outliers, but they weren’t that far off the trend of the races of their era. My point is simply that F1 “fans” make the same complaints every year, and that maybe the problem isn’t F1 but their perception of what they think it “should” be rather than how it’s always been.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Quali WITHOUT commercials............:eek:

13. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    It was always better in the good old days. Now get off my lawn. o_O

14. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    NO COMMERCIALS!!!

15. MoBoost

MoBoost Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Metro Detroit
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    This is another example of why, unless there is improvement, Bottas will be gone from Mercedes next year. Hamilton comes from 9th to 3rd, but Bottas can’t get by Vettel, whose tires are roached?
    Good race. Liked the no commercials; we’ll see how long that lasts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    All time Eastern

Thu, Apr 12
    10:00 PM ET Chinese Grand Prix
    Shanghai International Circuit
    *CHINESE GRAND PRIX PRACTICE 1
    Fri, Apr 13
    2:00 AM ET Chinese Grand Prix
    *CHINESE GRAND PRIX PRACTICE 2
    Fri, Apr 13
    11:00 PM ET Chinese Grand Prix
    *CHINESE GRAND PRIX PRACTICE 3
    Sat, Apr 14
    2:00 AM ET Chinese Grand Prix
    *CHINESE GRAND PRIX QUALIFYING
    Sun, Apr 15
    2:05 AM ET Chinese Grand Prix
    *CHINESE GRAND PRIX RACE

17. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Just an FYI, while the race is broadcast commercial free, the rebroadcasts later in the day are not - they stop the tape so you don't miss anything, but you do get plenty of commercial breaks. So if you want to watch it straight thru, record the actual race not the rebroadcasts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    From a yawner to an oh wow of a race. Do you figure we should send Gasly a thank you card? ;)

19. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I'd love to see Sauber do well, but I'm sure we won't see them up front. They need points to survive & the last couple of years has been a point free seasons.

I do think Haas can & should be able to score points more than they do. They are the home town team so I'm really pulling for them.

Good season so far I'm enjoying the fight at the front. :)

20. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0