1st Gen R53 Cooper S Feel the POWER in the heat of the day....

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by Thumper460, Jun 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    LOL.. points taken!! If you dont push the limits, you will never know what they are, and could be duped into purchasing things that that truly are not needed.

The Worlds fastest r53 with a M45 blower still stands , even today!!
    11.16 @ 123.1 mph on pump gas and 2600lbs
    This was on a STOCK engine/ TPR2 Head/ Newman cam.. and Nitrous!!
    ( full disclosure.. pushing the limits and boundary with tuning tech.. he ended up with a melted piston after a year of running and testing ( lean out do to Nitrous jet) AS a result of pushing the limits and the knowledge gained ( new cam designs/ new Tunes) on the r53, they are now testing a r56!!)

As for the rest... see post 18!! and then post 19.

Just me.................................

Thumper

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Oh I push the limits, but I also do BASIC MAINTENANCE!

Where is this so called record anyhow? Play Station
    What track?
    Time slip?
    Tech inspection for running that speed?
    Record book entry?

Sorry I just call BS when I see and read it.

Here is someone that beat your so called record. July 31 2008

Have you really forgot about this MINI drag car? 10.4 @ 134 MPH
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i33lTY-AH4g&feature=youtube_gdata_player]ABF Performance MINI COOPER at PINKS all out Englishtown, NJ - YouTube[/ame]

A Mini is a road track car not a drag racing car. It takes more skill to turn left and right, hold a line and keep speed in a corner. Any one can watch a light and push the peddle on the floor.

Drag racing is just taking a 2600 lbs car and shooting it like a sling shot down a 1/4 mile track for what? Oh thats right pushing the limits and putting stupid strees levels on all the motor parts of the car.

No one cares about what you can do in a 1/4 mile because it is not practical for a daily driver. When can you do 123 mph on the road driving to work? Really

Also why would the Sunshine state of Florida have and stock -25 degree washer fluid?

Are you expecting the 2nd ice age in the middle,of global warming. Lol

Ok I am done playing with you now, I am bored.

Have a nice rest of your life.

3. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    I think a vein in my forehead just ruptured..... Feelin kinda lightheaded from all this... Gotta go lay down....:rolleyes:

4. Thumper460

Thumper460 Active Member

May 26, 2009
    United States Navy ..Retired
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    #24 Thumper460, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    Yeah.. sure!! I do NOT believe that is with the m45 SC, now is it?? I am sure it is not with a small stage 2 Head now is it?? I am sure it is not with a pure stock lower end now is it?? I can post a few dyno numbers to show a few comparisons, however you will just have fun with it.. (edit) and some of the comparisons are about other peoples product ( HMmmm... seeing as I only do cylinder heads...??)

This car has now gone 11.70s with a 80HP shot of Nitrous!!
    And now is 11.65 / 119 mph ( and on a 11% pulley)
    60ft 1.8443
    330ft 4.9595
    1/8th 7.5401
    mph 96.49
    1000ft 9.7082
    1/4 11.6581
    mph 119.47

"Worlds Fastest MINI on a S/C !!"
    Car is NOW at 11.16 ET @ 123.4 MPH!!
    1320MINI breaks new record!...

Paul Webster and his MINI One or ‘Old Red’ as she’s known, managed to beat his previous best of 11.77@115mph over the ¼ mile at last weekends FIA "European Finals" event by running a new PB of 11.162@123mph.
    To put that into perspective for those of you that don’t get the whole ¼ mile thang, that’s 0-100mph in 7.1 seconds! Which makes Old Red as fast as a Pagani Zonda or Porsche Carerra GT in a straight line… from a little supercharged 1.6! This is thanks to adding a few performance parts to the car ( edit), but nothing that you can’t buy from them yourself if you want to build your own supercar slayer!

Now I can see how a drag car isnt the same as a Circuit car. But it IS closer to a street car!! A nitrous engine can easily drive in day traffic, still get the 30 mph, any one can do it on a budget , it doesnt need a tune ( if conservative) or BVH, or Trick Headers, or even w/m for that reason.. how ever I did benefit by using water meth on my Nitrous and stock ECU map. ( I have dynos on that also. even an OLD U-Tube when I was at a conservative 267 WHP)

WE all know that this is going no where.. and NATE is sitting on the 'delete' button. I have made my point in this thread and this is now just a wizzing contest. Thats cool... have fun y'all, read into what you like and need. There is NO winning here.

Just me...............................

Thumper

5. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Dear Self Proclaimed budget racing genus, I still dont see a reply to my quesyions below:
    ( I will put them in bold blue so you see them this time)

I am sure people would like to see real documentation of you doing any of what you claim and not just your hearsay. I would thinnk if all your statements are infact true you would have all the below documentation hanging on a wall in your office.

Where is this so called record anyhow?
    Record book entry?
    What track?
    Time slip? (Real time slip)
    Tech inspection for running that speed?

FYI Nitrous is not stock on a Mini so your "record" is pointless. (80HP shot of Nitrous!!)I bet the car is gone because it blew up. :lol:

Pauls so called "records" are not your records, so why evenbring them up. (Pointless)

Also why would Nathan lock a thread and delete it?
    Are you worried I am exposing you as a fraud?
    I am sure you and your buddys are reporting me to Nathan like crazy crying about my posts.

I stand by the facts and if the truth hurts so be it.

Fact: you should NEVER put washer fluid in a Meth Kit. See Post # 2

6. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Give it up...

Ya'll don't get the damn hint.

This same battle goes on and on and on and on and on and on...

There is no outcome, only losers in all this.

Nothing new is covered. The same BS is covered yet again and again.

Learn from history and move on.

7. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Ok I am done.

8. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Yep. Unfortunately :( I like my Mini and all, but after attending another "Cars and Coffee" in Irvine last Saturday, sorry guys but even the most tricked out Mini is not comparable to even 5% of the cars there! I mean, when you walk up and the first thing you see are 8 McLarens.......umm, game over :lol: Or when you are standing next to a bright Red Ferrari 458 Italia, and the owner fires it up...........game over :cool: