Feeler: Texas MINI Event

Discussion in 'Roadkill and other Musings' started by YesIFit, Jun 25, 2010.

?

Would you be interested in attending?

1. Yes - Definitely

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Most Likely

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Reply Hazy, Try Again

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Outlook Not so Good

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. My Sources Say No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. YesIFit

YesIFit New Member

May 25, 2009
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    #1 YesIFit, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    Hey there everyone. If I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you in person, my name is Ross, and I'm the President of MetroplexMINI down here in DF-Dubya. Hopefully, I'll see some of you at MTTS in August, just look for the 6'9" guy in the BRG/B with "YS I FIT" on the plates.

The purpose of this post is to see how many people would be interested in attending an event in the Texas Hill Country, possibly next fall. (I was looking around Labor Day or Columbus Day ... 3-day weekends for many.) I know this is a long way out, but the event would take some planning. My idea is as follows:

In the fall of next year, there would be a MINI event in central Texas, down around San Antonio/Austin. The event would include scenic drives, as there are some FANTASTIC drives through the hill country; lots of twistys, Enchanted Rock State Park, even the "Swiss Alps of Texas." (Yeah, I know.) Also, there would be a meeting/show with vendors, possibly an Auto-X, and, most important (to me anyway), an opportunity to do a DE at one of the best tracks for MINIs around these parts, Harris Hill Road.

Additionally, because of the location, there'd be access to Austin, the Texas BBQ Trail, San Antonio and the Riverwalk, Fredericksburg (including the National Museum of the Pacific War, Bandera, New Braunfels/Schlitterbahn etc...​

I know that Central Texas would be a helluva drive for many, but what say ye?

2. 4xaaa

4xaaa New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Put me on the notice list.

3. gepperso

gepperso New Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Texas

I will be moving down to the Dallas area soon, So I would be interested in this.:popcorn:

4. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    My brother is moving to the Austin area this summer, so I'd be interested in a trip to the hill country for sure!

5. mini_racer

mini_racer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Engr Manager
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    Where do I sign?

6. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    That would be cool. Never been around them parts.

Mark