Fes-auto shift light usb cable

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by Mr. Jim, Jul 17, 2022.

1. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I’m looking fir anyone that has the usb cable to modify the setting of a fes-auto shift light.
    I found the program cd but for the life of me can not find the cable.
    HELP!

Thanks in advance
    Mr. Jim

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    WOW.... It's been a while Jim... It's probably been around 12-13 years...

How have you been... Last time we sorta crossed paths was me seeing your MINI in the parking lot by the front entrance of the Fontana Village Resort as we were checking out and heading back home....

You still have that FES shift light mount I made in the shop?

Looking for the programming cable eh? I may have it but I'll need to dig around for it.... If I find it I'll let you know...

Cheers!
    Chuck

3. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Hi Chuck!
    Has it been that long already! Yes I still have the mount and light in my R53! I wanted to make some programming changes and I can find the cable. I’ve been looking in the meantime on making one but I can find out if it’s regular 5v usb or a 12v power usb. I’m thinking about making both if I can’t verify which one.

Still have your MINI?

Cheers
    Jim

4. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Yep...
    I still have the MINI... I almost sold it a couple years back, but thankfully my wife said "Why not keep it, It's paid for and they won't give you much for it anyway".... Smart lady... It's been one of my best, most enjoyable, fun to drive cars I've had... Bar none...

I did a quick search where I might have stashed the parts.... I'm getting close, but my garage is a mess with stuff everywhere while I'm trying to paint the walls and install wall shelving...

Garage mess....
    IMG_1542.JPG IMG_1541.JPG

But did find some of the parts..... Not programming cable yet.... I'll keep looking...
    IMG_1711.jpg

5. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    That’s great. Yes too many people sell and then regret it later and your wife is a very smart lady! We just built a small addition on our garage for my wife to paint and I relearn the guitar now that I am retired, two months so far but been busier than ever. So a lot of my stuff was in my old office and stuff still mia, lol. Finally getting caught up on my vehicle maintenance and have time to play.

Attached Files:

6. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,788 / 10 / -0
    Nice to see you here on M/A, Jim. I'm sorry I can't be of any help, but saw your post and just wanted to say "HI". I sorely missed not seeing you and Frantic Freddy at MOTD [Cigar Salon] this year. Unfortunately for me, with the fall I had in early April, my MOTD days are now officially over...for sure.

Jeff

7. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Hah.... Me too.... Retirement that is..... guitaring has too many strings attached for me..... Sold the business in the end of December last year to one of our good customers and is still being operated as a sheet metal business. They kept all the employees at the same pay and as a result are maintaining the same customer base. It was a bittersweet ending for my wife and I to no longer running a business that's been in the family for 142 years.

So far retirement feels pretty great.

8. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Hey Jeff! Sorry to hear about your fall. We did miss you this year for sure. We are thinking of starting it up next as Drive N Eat Cigar Salon. I hope you are doing better and I’ll tell Fred you said hey.

Cheers
    Jim

9. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    Wow! That is a long time but if no one wants to take over you have to let it go. Glad they kept your employees and are still doing good business.

10. Mr. Jim

Mr. Jim Mudshark
    Lifetime Supporter

May 22, 2010
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +1,221 / 0 / -0
    So I was able to use a cable for my Garmin GPS. I had to dig out an old laptop with Windows XP because the Windows laptop had Windows 10 and no driver was available for it.

The old laptop also did not have a disc drive so I had to open disc on my Mac and transfer to USB memory drive in order to load it. Needless to say I was able to adjust the settings of the light and like it much better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. 00Mini

00Mini Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,974 / 6 / -5
    Very creative way to solve a problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1