Most liked posts in thread: Fifth Gear :: McLaren MP4-12c vs Ferrari 458 Italia

1. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    And I will be using this video in my thesis entitled "When car writers turned into drifting *******s." I just don't like that I can't go sideways around the track, it is just a slower car because it is not constantly sideways. NO THERE IS A REASON YOU DO NOT SEE F1, NASCAR, OR ANY OTHER RACE SERIES OUTSIDE DIRT TRACK SPENDING THE WHOLE TIME SIDEWAYS. It was one thing when we just got pictures, but now that they all do video it has become a drifting competition for all of them. I do not give two poops about how sideways the car will go I want to know how fast it is when you are trying to go faster than the other cars.

2. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    It'll go faster than my MINI I'm sure :incazzato:

Rigid I'm with you on that whole drift scene. Since when has that been the exclusive measure of car handling? Not that I have the cash, but if I did, but since I couldnt drive either car to its full engineered limit, I'd have to start differentiating based on 'look-&-feel', and in that department, I tip my hat to the McLaren.

3. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    I just picture the scene in Jerry Miguire where Jerry tells the guy "help me help you." The McLaren is trying to help you go faster, you trying to get it to slide is making you slower. Maybe they could add a setting to the traction controle labled drifting.