First run of the year

Discussion in 'Mid-Ohio Motoring' started by mrntd, Mar 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Zapski

Zapski Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -0
    I've been getting a knocking noise when going over rough roads. I thought it was the tires just being old, but those just got replaced on the NY trip, so it could be the sway-bar linkage or control arm bushings. I've got a friend with a lift, so in a week or two I'll be able to get it up and have a go at it. Until then, I'm wary of stressing it too much.

2. flashover604

flashover604 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Phone man
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    To the folks who showed up for the donuts and run, you convinced me to sell my Mini...

So I can get an S.

I figure I can put the money into an S that I was going to put into my base model. If you know anyone that might be interested in mine, please let me know. It's a 2003 Pepper White Base model five speed. The five speed makes a whine on acceleration and deceleration that according to the previous owner had been there since they bought it with 30,000 miles. I changed the trans fluid but the sound never changed. I've drivennit two thousand miles with no change. It has brand new 60,000 mile tires on it plus two new winter tires that go with it. There are no lights on on the dash. I've been getting 34-36 mpg consistently. It has black leather non heated seats.

3. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    Great to hear your going for the upgrade. You won't be sorry. I see good R53S come up in the community paper every other month. Teddy in Cincy just found a R52S with only 4k mi up in Akron.

4. flashover604

flashover604 New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Phone man
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Wow, 4k? Any thing to look out for in the older ones? I'm going to be looking around $6-7000.

5. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0