Most liked posts in thread: For MINI, it's not a quality problem, it's a quirk

1. MININIGEL

MININIGEL New Member

May 4, 2009
    Teacher/Coach
    Texas
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like that article better than the initial one just announcing dead last in quality!!! :crazy: All of us MINIacs know how great our little cars are!!:D

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  3. Arch-r

Arch-r New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Nathan,
    The truth is obvious to those of us who have MINI(s). The cutesy little features are just signature items to have fun with. However the real fun is the driving. I have never had so much fun with any of my other small cars. Of course I am a die hard 1st gen owner with an MC 05 and an MSC 05. If you want a luxury ride with all the creature comforts you buy a luxury ride $$$$$.
    If you want a fun car that's an absolute blast to own and drive......MINI! is there any other choice? Not for me! It ranks the top position on all my lists.

My name is Dean, and MINI is always on top of the DEAN'S LIST

4. Ofioliti

Ofioliti New Member

May 9, 2009
    Professor
    ... always curious
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    "We want to make our cars remarkable little cars."

Ha ha--careful choice of words. :cornut:

Yep, my MINI is ~6 years old and I can't wait to see where the rattle moves to next. :lol:

5. FERNO

FERNO New Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, but I cannot refrain from posting in this thread any longer.

SRS light on because of corrosion in the BST.
    Tire pressure light no longer resets.
    ABS and DSC lights are on.
    LCAB's failing every 30K miles.

They may call it quirky. My wife calls it a piece.

I cannot wait to eliminate all this heavy crap that seemingly does nothing other than set warning lights. Not exclusive to Mini, obviously, but don't call it "quirky" when the dealer says $1000 to replace the positive battery cable to fix the airbag light. Yeah right...

As soon as I have the time and money, the Mini will undergo a Ryan-style weight reduction plan. FN BS.

6. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Ferno, sounds like you have CAN bus issues...

7. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    FERNO, if you know how to eliminate these sensors and still have the systems function PLEASE let me know. I'm real tired of resetting every time "Chili" hits a bump in the road and decides to have the lights come on :mad2:. I swear she has a mind of her own :eek:ut:.

Mark

8. FERNO

FERNO New Member

May 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nah. SRS is BST corrosion.
    DSC and ABS is a damaged wheel speed sensor wire. Belt exploded and took the wiring with it. Will fix shortly. Possibly affecting TPM also.

putterfarm, I am researching this subject and plan to put as much elimination into effect as I can when I get the info/time/money.

9. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    If you have a bad wheel speed sensor... that explains the tire pressure light also.

10. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Paul, what do I do to find out if this is my problem :confused:. Do I have to go to the dealer and get ripped off or can I just put up with it?
    BTW, where abouts in N.C. do you live ? We used to live in New Bern & Sanford.

Mark

11. harry0

harry0 New Member

May 6, 2009
    News photographer
    Virginia Beach Virginia
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a very content 1st generation Cooper owner. I purchased a November 06 build in May of 2007 in the past 25 months I have put 57,000 miles on the clock The MINI experience for me has been tops. this amazing little car goes and goes and will give me hundreds of thousands of miles of Joy.

12. Aeromax

Aeromax New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Graphic designer
    Trumbull, CT
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Man I don't know if I'm lucky or what, but my car is an 02, I'm the third owner, and it has 96k on the clock. Other than items that were more or less my fault- idler pulley bearing exploding (I took the car on a distance drive just after buying it, the pulley was making noise which I should have paid attention to, and it crapped the bed leaving us at the mercy of the tow truck.) and a loose positive battery cable, which was my fault for not tightening properly, my car hasn't had a any major problems with it over the 40,000 miles I've been driving it. *knocks on wood quickly* Granted I have ZERO options on the car, so there is less gadgety stuff to break, but I'm impressed and amazed at how the car has held up. But also, I didn't buy it for comfort or quality. I bought it for fun, and I look past the rattles and squeaks.

13. putterfarm

putterfarm New Member

May 18, 2009
    Bum.
    Pittsfield, Pa.
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Aeromax

I'll knock on wood for you :cornut: and for me and my '03 w/65k :D.