1st Gen R53 Cooper S For my next trick: Water Methanol Injection

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by c0op3r, Nov 14, 2013.

1. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Yep thats me.

It is good that you are learning, and even trying things your own way. I can respect that because I did the same when I first started really tearing into my MINI. And just like now there where people trying to give me advise to get me off of the path of failure I was setting myself up for. I didnt want any part of what they where telling me at the time, because "I knew better" and wanted to do things my way.

When my engine finally quit putting up with all my "great ideas" and died, I began to realize who was actually right all along. I began to see things differently, and understood why they where being so hard on me. Its been 3 YEARS, since my failure, guess what... My car still isn't running! Only because I am not going into things halfassed, and I am not going the cheap route. I've already proven to myself the cheap way doesn't work.

Sooner or later, you will know what I am talking about, and realize why I have been such a D|CK... Really just trying to help you out, so you dont end up with your car on stands for the next 3 years.

2. c0op3r

c0op3r Active Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Mech Eng and IT
    Orlando FL
    Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    #42 c0op3r, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    Yeah, great I am so happy that you are here and decided to start your crap with me again! (complete sarcasm).

BUT just so you know I have bought the DimSport Tuner/Flash box from Jan and I have him coming here in Feb (even though I got a 'canned' tune already).

I did get the CoolingMist Water/Meth working again after talking to them, but I still think its a bad design, I already talked to Jeff @ Howerton and I will be getting an HFS-3 in the future, but to do it the way I want its going to cost about 1k$.

3. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Yeah a grand is about right, but it is a system that wont fail easily. Outside of an ocasional O-ring, I haven't even heard of any problems.

Glad to see you not going the Bytetronik route. You will be happy with your up coming tune. :)

See Im not always an A-hole! :D

4. c0op3r

c0op3r Active Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Mech Eng and IT
    Orlando FL
    Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Ok a follow up to this original post.

The CoolingMist ended up $hitting the bed, so it got totally removed and was replaced with the complete AquaMist HFS-3 System and the Custom MINI Cooper tank/pump housing they offer.

It was about 1000$ total, but next to the pulley this was the best money I spent so far on upgrades to my car.

I am currently running it with a 70% Meth Mix, it is amazing to SuperCharger exit temps in the mid to high 200°F range, and intake temps in the 80°F range.

I will try to get some photos up here soon.

5. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    Nice. Glad to see you kept an open mind with your car, you're definitely headed in the right direction.:Thumbsup:

6. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    They can be taught!