For PGT...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tüls, Jun 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Next time I drive your STI, we are doing this!!

Also, I recommend going to youtube and seeing this in HD!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ7R_buZPSo"]YouTube - KEN BLOCK GYMKHANA TWO THE INFOMERCIAL[/ame]

2. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Can I watch? PGT's face, I mean.

3. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I need a TON more power to be able to pull that off. You could barely break it loose in the rain on A/S tires with Sport# on and traction off remember? :lol:

one thing I DON'T like is the e-nanny still working despite being "off". I've driven like a loon on the street and can't get it to break loose :sadbanana:

4. Edge

Edge New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Annandale, VA (near Wash. DC)
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That is a pretty insane video. I wonder how many different parts they broke it into, and how many takes it took (for each part?).

5. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    You can see there a zillions of skid marks in each section... so either he practiced it 100 times and then got it perfect in *one take*.... or.....

6. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    no, multiple takes for sure. in the original, they drift in circles on the run way, clipping the bumper visibly on the outside wall with it hanging off. In the very next scene, it's back on and perfect

7. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I was expecting your lack of power to be remedied by the time I drive it again ;) A... and 2... yeah that's a fully prepped car... :idea:

8. Ryephile

Ryephile New Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Yes!
    Metro Detroit
    Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    I hooked this video up on my big-screen last night. OMG it's killer car control. The high-speed camera work is mega fun. My favorite move is when he pivots the car backwards and hooks it around a cone, all while roasting all-4 tires. Truly "gangster". :devil: The 1 inch clearance between him and the water is also a clencher moment :blush2: Ah hell the whole thing is amazing. :popcorn:

Also FYI; in the "opening night party" video that was in related links, Ken Block says that it took 5 days of shooting to edit together that one "drive".

9. alden

alden New Member

May 27, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    multiple for sure.

Here is a link to a mini-site of the first gymkahna practice video

GYMKHANA

10. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    oh, I'm running more power now but MAYBE 285-300ish to the wheels. Roughly about HALF of the Crawford build.

As much as I'd like to go nutty, the motors on the '08+ cars are popping like cherries at prom. No rhyme or reason, stock, modded, raced, daily driven...doesn't matter. Not an abundance of them but enough to cause worry - bad rings, hypereutectic pistons + poor machining on the crank + unsafe factory tune = any combo of these could be the issue. On the '04-mid 07 cars, 400whp on the stock motor was ok. Something changed mid 2007 model and nobody has sorted it out yet.

There's a local guy with a full Cossie shortblock with 500 miles on it (9.2:1 forged pistons and forged crank...balanced, blueprinted). He wants $4700 for it.....$2500 to have the motor put it at a reputable shop. To put forged pistons alone in the stock motor is $3k....seems like a good call for the Cossie but it's a slippery slope. Injectors, fuel rail, FMIC, pump, big snail, tune...etc