2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Forge Blow Off Valve N14 Engines or Forge Recirc Valve N14 Engines?

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by Systemlord, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Systemlord

Systemlord New Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    My stock BOV/Recirc valve needs replacement so I thought why not get a more reliable Forged brand to replace it. I'm unsure which one to get because one (FM207V) recirculates charged air back into the intake and the other (FMDVR56A) vents to atmosphere. Then you have just the adapter with no valve. What are the pros and cons to either, I'm not sure which is better or how either will affect performance.

Some clarity would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Systemlord.

2. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    I have the FM207V, but haven't had time to install it yet. I'll be activating it with the BSH Dual Boost Tap.

3. Systemlord

Systemlord New Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Actually you must install it where the instructions say, there's a pressure monitoring sensor on the intake manifold (close to the throttle body) under the intake air box. The turbo puts the intake charge pipes under pressure which is where this sensor is located, your tap is installed inline with that sensor. Your boost tap isn't in the intake charge pipes from the turbo but rather crankcase pressure.

You're going to love it after installing your Forge BOV, at 1500 rpms I can gun it and the Mini just launches! I never could go that low in the rpms before because it was consider shifting to soon, when I'm in traffic no need to downshift into second then back to third. It's much more responsive.

4. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    The BSH boost tap gets its signal from the turbocharger pressure side of the throttle body. I use one for the pressure signal to my boost gauge.

Dave

5. Systemlord

Systemlord New Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    You know of all things I found oil in that pressure switch right on top of the intake manifold, how does oil get in there? There's no other way for it to go, it's dead end as in not a through street. I cleaned it out with a Q-tip anyway.

6. vetsvette

vetsvette MINI Alliance Ambassador

Nov 9, 2013
    South Central Virginia
    Ratings:
    +1,937 / 0 / -0
    Correct. The Boost Tap is also blocking that particular PCV outlet. So, not crankcase pressure.