Four Men, Four Deer and a Yellow MINI

Discussion in 'Weird MINI News' started by Nathan, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - A bizarre bust in east Orange County ended like the punchline to a joke: four men, four deer, one MINI Cooper.

It's the last thing you'd expect to find outside your rural home -- a bright yellow Mini Cooper, shell casings and blood on the ground.

"I heard just two loud booms," said Alicia Diggs, who heard the gunshots between 3 and 4 in the morning Jan. 21 and called 911.

When Diggs woke up, she found something even stranger. Deputies arrived and peered into the fogged up car. They found the mix of four grown men and four dead deer and the tiny car.

"That is crazy," said neighbor John Block. "My first thought was it must have been a stretch MINI Cooper because there's no way it was a MINI Cooper."

"I would have personally probably picked a truck instead of a two-door MINI Coop, with four guys in it," said Diggs, as she wondered how they all planned to get inside the car.

While neighbors struggled doing the math, something else didn't add up. The car had somehow stalled.

A Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission report said the driver "purposely sped up and ran over" one deer and the car got "stuck on top of the buck deer and stalled."

"I think that's just overkill," laughed Block.

About the only thing that makes sense is how it all began. The men said they went to a bonfire party the night before, then went on an illegal, out-of-season 3 a.m. joy ride and deer hunt. Then, they all passed out. When they woke up deputies found pot in their car and more than one reason to send two of the men to jail.

"I guess it would have possibly made sense," said Diggs. "I personally still would have never thought my girlfriend's MINI Coop would have been the coolest thing to shoot some deer in."

Ronnie Doby, of Haines City, and Thomas Vanzant, of Lake Alfred, have court dates next month.

There is video...

Go to 4 men kill deer, all cram inside MINI Cooper, Orange County deputies say | News - Home

2. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Ah, Florida, you never disappoint.

3. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    That's way too funny!

4. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Are there deer at the dragon?:idea:

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
  6. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    MINI's are good for everything racing, road trips ,driving the dragon , adding custom mods and hunting trips :cornut:

7. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    :lol:

Reminds me of this one.........

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty6JPyr2XZ0"]Bambulance - 911 Call Man vs Deer (uncensored) - YouTube[/ame]

8. Canusrufis

Canusrufis RMW Powered R53
    Lifetime Supporter

Nov 27, 2013
    Male
    Winston Salem NC
    Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
  9. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I know I have seen a LOT of effin Turkeys crossing the street on Hellbender and the Dragon. They just walk right out in the street and are a real surprise when you come around a blind corner. :yikes::yikes: