FREE LUNCH! after MINIs at supercar sunday!

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Motoring Magic, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Motoring Magic

Motoring Magic New Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Dec 13, 2009
    Motoring Magic Owner, Ventura County's ONLY MINI s
    Thousand Oaks, Vta cty, socal
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    Who says there is no such thing as a free lunch? Motoring Magic is sponsoring a free lunch after the gathering at Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills next sunday! ( Location | SuperCarSunday.com )
    We will leave the event and take a twisty drive through the Santa Monica Mountains and visit La Vaggio ( Lavaggio: The Art of Auto Detailing )where we will have a catered lunch for all MINI drivers! post up here if you want to join in we need a head count for the food!

2. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Just to verify will this be on Sunday June 22?
    Will Mini Cooper be the marque car for the day with a corral?

3. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I plan to attend with 2 people.

What time do you plan to leave from SuperCar Sunday parking lot for the drive?

I do not see Mini Cooper on the SuperCar Sunday marque schedule for June 22. Have you coordinated the marque car with Dustin Troyan ([email protected])?

4. Motoring Magic

Dec 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    yes june 22 is the day! and it is a featured Marque with a corral for us-there is a aravan leaving Motoring Magic 3170 Los Feliz Drive Thousand Oaks 91362 at 645 am, arrive about 630 ish at the shop!

5. Motoring Magic

Dec 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    Yes it was all aranged by Dustin himself-not sure why he only lists the first sunday of each month for featured marques on the ss website, but MINIs and minis ARE the featured marque this sunday!

6. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. I will probably not meet you for the TO caravan because I would have to leave my home at 5:00. I will probably drive to Woodland Hills on Saturday night or later Sunday morning.

7. just1matt

just1matt New Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great will be there!

8. Motoring Magic

Dec 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    #8 Motoring Magic, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Welcome to MA and look for me!

I will be undoubtedly wearing a Motoring Magic shirt!:D

9. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Make sure you guy's take lots of pictures. :ihih:

10. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Would love to have made this, but should be well east if Flagstaff that day... Have a great time and, yes, lots if pics Mike!

11. Motoring Magic

Dec 13, 2009
    Ratings:
    +266 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to everyone who came out! what a great day we had....the drive was better than I had hoped with fewer bicycles in the lanes although the police presence was still felt. What a nice place Lavaggio is for high end details.

12. quikmni

quikmni Moderator

Jun 6, 2009
    Aerospace Engineer
    Orcutt, CA
    Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Thank you to Scott from Motoring Magic for all the organizing and sponsoring the lunch. I had a great time other than for the 30 minute stop on Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) to resolve an electronic problem.

Here is a link to photos I posted on our CCMC Flickr page. Photos are from SuperCar Sunday (SCS), Drive, and Lunch:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ccmc_club/sets/72157645442554283/

There were about 40 Mini Coopers at the SuperCar Sunday gathering in Woodland Hills, CA, many from the SCMM club. In total there were more than 200 cars at the gathering.

After SuperCar Sunday, about 25 MINIs took a 50 mile drive through the Santa Monica Mountains. The drive was led by Scott from Motoring Magic. We started down Topanga Canyon, headed west on Mulholland Drive, then turned south up the twisty Stunt Road and took a break at the top of Stunt Rd with beautiful views towards the Pacific Ocean. After the short break we headed south on Schueren Rd then west on Piuma Rd (another fun twisty road) to Malibu Canyon Rd. We went south on Malibu Canyon Rd down to Pacific Coast Highway (PCH or CA-1). We then went West (North) on PCH along the Pacific Ocean to Decker Rd (aka CA-23). We headed north with a drive up and down the very twisty Decker Rd to Westlake and US-101.

After the drive we headed to Lavaggio – The Art of Auto Detailing in Agoura Hills for a catered lunch. Lavaggio is a beautiful operation and we had a delicious lunch on their patio. If you are in the Agoura Hills area and need a wash or detail, make sure to check out Lavaggio's. After lunch we all headed our own way.

13. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Great pictures. Thank you for sharing.