Free OctaneGuy Detailing Clinic Starts Wednesday

Discussion in 'Detailing Supplies' started by Octaneguy, May 11, 2010.

1. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to let the locals know that starting tomorrow at 5pm to 9pm, my new shop will be open to the public for its premier detailing clinic.

Every Wednesday night from 5pm to 9pm, I will be holding a free clinic where enthusiasts can bring a ride to the shop and learn how to properly care and maintain it. Prima products will be available for purchase as well.

To attend, you just need to bring a car...doesn't have to be a MINI. One with swirls and lots of neglect are always fun, lol. It will be first come, first served. We have limited parking inside the shop, but plenty of parking outside for those just wanting to watch or participate using other peoples cars.

Note that motorcycles are also acceptable rides to detail, but obviously no boats, airplanes, or RV's cause then I'd need a hangar, lol.

So one more time, this clinic is free. There will be no marketing gimmicks. No hard sells. Of the 4 hours, there won't be 3.5 hours of history about SCD, lol.

Please reply to this post if you are coming.

Monthly clinics will begin in June, with the first one being the second Saturday, and will alternate between the first or second weekend. Get on the SCD Garage mailing list to be reminded about exact dates.

Detailing Innovations, Inc.
    ShowCarDetailing.com
    5530 E. La Palma Ave.
    Anaheim, CA 92807

866 707 9292

Richard

2. galoki

galoki New Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what!? no webcast for those of us on the East Coast??? where's the customer service :arf:

good luck! congrats again on the new shop.

3. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Congrats on the new shop....

But maybe we can transplant you out here on the east coast one of these days :D

4. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Richard looking for the "Travelling Detail(ing) Roadshow" in Vancouver soon ;)

5. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Actually there is a chance there might be. I'm experimenting with the Streaming service UStream. I will let you know today if this will be possible. How does that sound? :Thumbsup: Thanks!!!
    Thank you!!! Maybe so!!! I don't plan to live in Cali forever!
    You know my wife likes Canada...lol. I'm sure we'll be traveling that way in the not too distant future! Possibly in the Clubman, lol.

6. Wikedmini

Wikedmini MINI of the Month - December 2009

Aug 17, 2009
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    If I make it, i wont get there till late... Like 8pm late :(

7. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Stop by anyways. It's not like you live far from the shop, lol. :Thumbsup:
    I have no idea how this first clinic will go. Maybe it will end early, or maybe it will go longer, who knows?

8. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Ok, it's confirmed. I can do it!!! I'll be able to do a live stream webcast using my iPhone 3GS. So check out the following link starting 5PM PST.

ShowCarDetailing Weekday Clinic #1 on USTREAM: Premier weekday clinic at ShowCarDetailing.com in Anaheim.. Business

This funny URL is actually a tinyurl to a much longer one set up by the hosting company.

Richard

9. KittyMini

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! :Thumbsup:

Do you ever consider coming out to the Dragon?

10. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I did for the first couple years, but stopped due to lack of $$. I'll be back again, maybe next year with my Clubman. My wife has family out there and we plan on doing a roadtrip that way. :Thumbsup:

11. KittyMini

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    I would think it would be lucrative with all us nuts there cleaning our cars everyday :eek:ut: :D

12. Octaneguy

Octaneguy New Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Dream job
    Anaheim, CA
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Ask any vendor, these events are never lucrative, lol. They sound great in concept, but you got to consider how much it costs to get there, set up a tent to shelter from rain, employee costs, shipping products...once you've spent $1,500 to $2000, then you try to make that back and break even. What they do is remind enthusiasts that we are still players in the game and hope that in the future they will remember that and support us.

Still, I'm sure Heather of Prima and myself will be back out again in the future!

Richard

13. KittyMini

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I guess you are right.
    Well, hope to se you out there one of these years! Maybe 2011 :D

14. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    I'm doing a detailing clinic for the local Mercedes club this weekend, if STL is close enough you can come to it:D

Richard, hope the clinics work out for you, great idea:Thumbsup: I think you have been to the Dragon more than a couple of times, I've been to 3, and you were always there.

Mark