FREE - To an Abusive Home Only - Byteronik MiniPort

Discussion in '1st Generation Parts For Sale' started by Nathan, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

I'm quite confident that at MOTD in 2015 that some creative methods will be discussed then carried out. I'm also quite certain alcohol will be liberally applied to enhance the creative process.

Someone else mentioned it already and I think it is a capitol idea to render the item as harmless to MINIs at Wellzies...

2. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    There's no luck about it. A fitting end awaits a true electronic POS.

3. TheModFather

TheModFather Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    11 years in the ARMY, 2 years of being a multitale
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    It would be locked to your VIN because it was installed on your ECU (the one that is now pretty much a brick with a toon resembling something a third grader could do in basic computer class.)

I could have dumped mine off long ago, but I dont like to pawn my problems off on other people either.

Just take it as an $800 loss, and a learning experience not to do business with people and companies like MYNES.

I know we are not the only ones who got screwed over and left in the dark with Mynes/Bytetronik... We should all get together at the Dragon, and have a mass sacrifice, then leave the chard remnants at the base of the tree of misfortune with a note saying "This is what Full Access is all about."

4. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I say ship the remains of the sacrifice back to them C.O.D. No sense in risking killing the tree...

5. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    If they had an actual address or phone number that would work!

Another thought that crossed my mind is: What if we clogged the fire pit? Then I remembered Dave's saying... "With enough meth and Sterno, anything can disappear!" :D

6. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Coming from a kid that blew up his own car,thinking he knew what he was doin, and you John, have you ever had any experience with a car with Bytronik? Other than on the internet?
    Would you like to ride in my car?

7. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Jim, we are not going to get into this. You happen to have the magic powers that summon decent customer service for them. I didn't.

The product it's self when one has support is good. However, once dumped from the support queue it is less than useless.

My beef is not at all with the product, it is with the minders of the product that dole out their support to only those they deem worthy.

Obviously...

We're Not Worthy...

[​IMG]

And that is fine with me. I do not have to wonder how I stand. I know it.

8. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
    Nathan is really lucky his engine didnt blow too the way it was running at the Dragon... Before Jan fixed his problem. Oh and who tuned his car with Bytetronik? The idiots at MYNES!

I do recall Dave.0 offering to take you up on a ride in your car over the summer... Once you found out he was actually in California, you went and hid under your rock! Shoulda stayed there!

9. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    We are not going there...Stop this direction of the thread now...

Any other posts in 'that' direction from this point on shall be recycled.

Thanks...

mgmnt

10. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
  11. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    You don't know anything about what I do or don't know Jim... Enough said.

12. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Nathan please send it to me and I will take care of it.

I promise I won't try and sell it to SpR. :lol:

13. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Hey Kid did you not read that Nathan had NO ISSUES with the actual product, or can't you read? And John, not sure what your issues are, don't care, ask Doug how my car runs......Nathan.....why you start this thread? Oh and Kid, California is a big place, I don't know everyone that comes here.....

14. Firebro17

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    I had said enough said, however Jim, I guess it's just me speaking out because of a principle I have deep seated inside me. I believe in honesty and ethical behavior and it's clear to me that these end user folks whom have been wronged by these business owner folks deserve better. Having met and interacted with some of the folks describing their misfortunes, I feel for them and have nothing but support for their points of view.

While I may have bashed without having spent the money others have, I certainly understand their frustrations. I'm happy you've been satisfied with your investment and interaction with the staff called into question.

15. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Ok Jim no bashing of you or others here at all. Let that crap go already.
    I am trying to be nice here. :aureola:

I just want to say Nathan can start any thread he wants.

I understand you want to stand up for a product you use on your car but this is not the thread for that argument.

Please get off the cross Jesus needs it.

16. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    #56 cct1, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    Hmmm.... I would consider support for the tune as "part of the product". When the Bytetronic originally came out is was explicitly expressed as such, until it got to be such a headache that they started charging for support.

When you defend the indefensible, you just end up digging a bigger hole, keep digging--I'm done, actually was going to avoid this altogether, but no one on here wants to see another car with a bricked ECU or a blown engine. And don't come back with that tired "it's Dick's fault his engine blew" when we all remember how easy Myne's was saying it was to self tune and actively encouraging it, and promising help that they later pulled when it became painfully obvious that maybe it wasn't such a good DIY project without the proper background

Mynes should consider themselves lucky Nate has kept it as muted as he has considering what it took to get his car running again after the so-called excellent support he received from Mynes. Like I said, I'm one and done on this one, we're all getting tired of this, but by all means Jim keep posting, I encourage the bumps. And at least I'll give you credit for not using an alias, you would agree that that's a bit underhanded, wouldn't you?

17. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    So do we get to burn and slag it at MOTD, I might make 2015 since I had to bag 2014 due to health.

So, I hope we can at least enjoy a good fire! :)

Thinking hard on 2015.

Don

18. TheModFather

May 15, 2012
    North Denver CO.
    Ratings:
    +5,322 / 0 / -0
  19. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Come on out Don, the CO contingent needs to grow.

I'm so glad I asked that the path of the thread not take the direction it had taken any more. For you see I like to see what I can type. I've come to the realization that even when read and acknowledged it is still ignored. I can only liken that feeling of talking to ones self I'm experiencing to that of the father of a teen aged person. You toss a lot of stuff at the wall and hope some of it sticks. You find out when they hit about 25 or so form what I've been told.

I had fun writing this, that is all.

20. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    #60 cct1, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    Nate, you misspelled "from". And "teenaged" is probably best used as one word, although that one is somewhat debatable. Just sayin' (which has an apostrophe , unlike "ones" in you post).:cornut::deadhorse: