Front plate freedom day!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Crashton, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I never thought I'd see this happen. Today no cars in Ohio need a front plate. :)

Pushed my luck for 5 years with no plate. Even the county sheriff who pulled me over for enjoying my car too much didn't mention the missing plate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4

Welcome to 2020

3. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,876 / 10 / -3
    WOW! Happy Freedom day. This will truly be a special 4th of July!!:D

4. JECO

JECO Active Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Newsletter producer, retired DOT chief
    Crozet, VA
    Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I guess I don’t understand the anguish over front license plates. When I was a transportation director, my police associates made clear to me why unique identification both front and back was important for law enforcement. My Mini Roadster proudly carries both plates - but they must be unblemished, waxed, and looking like new. My apologies to my hero Dave.O.

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Don't understand your pride in your front plate. My brother in law was a police captain. He didn't mind no front plate, but boy he hated dark tinted windows. I understand that. He has 3 bullet scars on his chest from being shot by a 3 time loser with dark tinted windows. Never saw it coming.

If my car had a front plate bracket I'd have run a front plate. since it didn't I never put one up front. Yes I know the police like them so their plate readers will work. Not really a fan of the big brother aspect of that.

Supposedly it will save the state 1.5 million a year. Not bad I think.

Now I'm going out to look at my naked bumper. You go out & polish that plate.

All the best.... :Thumbsup:

6. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Cars are designed without stupid front license plates because they take away from the design and are not aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

It’s my car, not the states, keep the government off my car. They already charge me for a plate, Registration, Yearly Inspection and Emission and Sticker fees that go with them.

Also, cops love them because the are nice and flat to aim radar and laser guns.