FS (VA) EVO IX Recaro Sport seats - MINT

Discussion in 'Classifieds Archive' started by PGT, May 9, 2009.

1. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    #1 PGT, May 9, 2009
    Last edited: May 9, 2009
    I bought these this week from a guy in Pittsburg building a race car. I had a set in my MINI and LOVED them. Plan was to put these in my STI but I think I might go another direction. :eek:ut:

The set I had in my MINI was top-notch (ask JustJay...he owns them now)...I'd rate them 9/10 in condition. This latest set is even better. 9.5/10 - only slight signs of use on the driver's side seat from ingress/egress (normal on all leather seats). :cornut:

Asking what I paid $900 (actually more if you consider gas/tolls to go get them) - prefer pickup....shipping is a real PITA due to finding boxes to make it safe to ship. ONE NOTE - I'm gone to Germany from 5/10-17.

actual seats for sale (wysiwyg):
    EvoPO13.jpg

here is the previous set I had as installed in the MINI to show you what they look like (same as these but ones for sale are even better condition).

DSC05217x.jpg DSC04648.jpg

2. Mike

Mike New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Wow, those do look really, really good in a MINI!

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Comfy too...

4. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Yeah... these seats were possibly the best part of PGT's MINI - I saw them and they were FANTASTIC.

5. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    thanks guys....they really did 'complete' the car if you know what I mean. Like they belonged there....even down to matching the stitching on the JCW leather dash.

added pic of the actual seats for sale....look like new (which is hard to believe)

6. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    another benefit for tall guys - I couldn't fit a helmet on with stock seats and sunroof. With these installed, I could. I'm just over six feet.

quite a few people have ridden in my car at auto-x with these - one person here on M/A who has is R56 ED. With the seatbelts in 'lock' mode and these seats, you don't move around (alcantara FTW).

There's a little bit of work to get this new set to work in a MINI.....not hard and not expensive (seat brackets) but I can give you the 411 since I've been down this road before.

7. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Man I want these, before I bought the MINI I was thinking about an EVO IX and the seats were awesome. Too bad geography and finance seem to be keeping them out of reach still.

8. JustJAY

JustJAY New Member

May 4, 2009
    To find a new job
    In a Recession
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, these seats are GREAT! A lot of MOTDers saw/sat in them and everyone loved them.

PGT, I think my seats are in great condition, but if these are even better....

WOW what a deal!!!

Have fun in Germany!!!!

9. JustJAY

JustJAY New Member

May 4, 2009
    To find a new job
    In a Recession
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, no one wants these seats? Crap, if I had the $$$, I would buy them just to have back up seats :cornut:

10. Deviant

Deviant Banned

Apr 23, 2009
    Student
    Southern IL
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Everyone wants them, it's all about the money though.

11. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have a deposit on them....should go through next week. About five guys in line for them from the Subaru forums :D

12. nazrin

nazrin New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    those are some fine seats...can you point me to the right direction on where to get those badboys?

13. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    EVO forums or ebay are the best bets. Try to find them local so you can go put your paws on them. $600ish a pair for the EVO VIII 'bus fabric' and anywhere from $800+ for the EVO IX like in this thread. $1k is not too much to pay for a mint set of IX's like I had.

14. nazrin

nazrin New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks dude

15. K5Cruiser

K5Cruiser New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    PGT can you share what you had to do in order to get these to work in your MINI? I'm curious about the seat mount, as well as the air bag issue. Thanks!