Funny vid about HPDEs!

Discussion in 'Motorsports Chat & Race Preparation' started by Dr Obnxs, Jul 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I'm going out with the Northwoods Shelby Club next month at Blackhawk for the first time--can't wait, should be fun! Don't know what group they'll put me in; if they want to put me in novice and "work up" (or maybe not), I'm totally fine with that; if the groups are like what you described, I wouldn't want to run in the top two groups anyway--the drivers will be too good, not to mention the cars to fast. It's at a track I'm pretty comfortable on, so I don't think I'll make a total fool of myself. Maybe just a partial one.

Haven't done Hooked on Driving, but a friend has, and has nothing but good things to say about it. The event I was at where the above happend was MVP Tracktime; they do a great job--well organized, on time, and no B.S. Mark has been known to permanently kick people out, or end someones day early if they're out of hand, so I REALLY hope this guy complained to him. The end result of that would be a better video than the cartoon...

The thing is, on this day, there were 6 sessions for each group. SIX!!! It's not like cutting one short is a big deal, there was plenty of track time. I was beat, and called it quits after five sessions. I'd rather they error on the side of safety, and if that means a session getting black flagged, so be it. As long as I can drive home, I'm good.

2. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Biggest thing is to just use your head. Too many of these track days end in wrecked cars because their owners think they can run b*lls out and their "sports" cars will get them through their own inadequacies, not realizing until it is too late that all the higher performance does is magnify them.

3. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Very good. I wonder if Jeremy Clarkson will hire him :lol:

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I got a good laugh out of this and all the comments about track days and the people. What struck me was you could take the "track & cars" out of this and substitute "eventing & horses" and it would still read the same. There are these kinds of folks out there in any type of competative sport. :lol:

Jim