1. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to but I already have a 3rd light pulsar. This is a very good deal though:cornut:. As I recall, I paid $25 plus S+H. I don't recall what brand mine is though. Go Get'um Guys. Also, the Police/Sheriff/Highway Patrol have seen mine and NO PROBLEM.:Thumbsup:

Jason

2. AXO

AXO New Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Wellington, Florida
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is this a Plug and Play Mod? I may be interested. Do you have any pictures of the device? The price is definite right.

3. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely Plug and Play except that, one must cut and splice several wires together paying particular attention to polarity(neg to neg and pos to pos) or the light won't pulse but just come on as before the install.

Jason

4. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Great deal! Too bad I already have the GoMINIGo one installed already. If you don't have one this is a very good deal.

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    GoMINIGo is also a M/A sponsor and big supporter of MINIs in general. Plus they are very nice people.

I don't mean to derail this Group Buy, but who is going to stand behind this product. All I'm saying is chose your sources wisely. The sting of poor quality lasts longer than the discomfort of high price.

6. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I did not mean to imply I was not happy with my GoMINIGo brake light pulsar. I am very happy with it. > :D <

Nathan is correct support those who support our forum community. :Thumbsup:

All this being said I still think it's a good deal...

7. SNEEEZY - Erika

SNEEEZY - Erika M/A Wrenchin' Babe!
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    Female
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

If you click on the link in the original post, it will take you to the company website. There are videos on the website showing how easy it is to install and how to set the various pulsar patterns.

8. david in germany

david in germany New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If it can be shipped to my Army P.O. Box, put me on the list!

9. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Why not see if GoMINIGo will offer a similiar deal? Support a MINI vendor and MA sponsor!

10. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    emailed. Ive been looking at them, since a guy at work AND his dad were rear ended within a week of each other.

Might as well pick one up

11. Dwight

Dwight Racing with the Gods
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Along with the 3rd brake light pulsar, I'd recommend their Add-A-Brake light kit as well. Makes your rear fog lights function as brake lights, too. They really work. If I hit the brakes in my garage, the house across the street lights up! I wouldn't call the install of either one "plug and play", but it is pretty straight forward. You do need a tiny screw driver to attach the wires to the pulsar and a set of plastic pry bars to pop off the various panels w/o scratching stuff. To avoid crossing wires, just remember "brown is ground". Good Luck! :Thumbsup:

12. david in germany

david in germany New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    A great Idea but you loose a very important function, fog lights!! Fog lights here in Germany are a VERY Valuable asset that I for one do not wish to loose.

13. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    In the first generation MINIs, the rear fog lights were left disconnected until some MINI guy discovered that and offered a way to connect them to the existing brake lights by using a big tape-insulated staple to jump the gap. I have these in both my MINIs and they work well...you can NEVER be too visible in a MINI. For me, the addition of PULSATING 3rd brake lights will just make my chances of getting rear-ended even lesser! :Thumbsup:

14. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Jeff I have read about folks doing that & I've seen MINI's with that done. It does make a noticeable difference. I have also read of some folks who have had to replace their BCM because of that mod to the tune of $$$. Not sure what is going wrong to cause that. I do not think it is a widespread issue. Maybe a check of the connection once in a while is in order.

15. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    #16 wmwny, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    Ebay had a lot of those kits for awhile. Mine came with instructions...maybe I was one of the lucky ones.

I've had it on my '03 MC since early '05 with no problem whatsoever; in fact, the day I was going to install it, I had an experience with a coal truck whose driver never saw my standard brakelights til it was almost too late [he ended up driving into the other lane to avoid crushing me]. I made sure I got one installed on my '06 MCS right after I purchased the car, too. Since the extra lights have been installed, I have NEVER had a problem with anyone not seeing me as I hit the brake pedal. This pulsar will just give me even more peace of mind.

16. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    #17 Crashton, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
    I wish you continued good luck. I just wanted you to know of the remote possibility of a costly repair. The issue is not the visibility the mod provides, it is that a Body Control Module costs a lot of money if it goes tango uniform. Motor on safely.

I never knew the 06 had the ability to have that mod done to its tail lights. Next time you are around I'd like to look at the setup.

17. Dwight

Dwight Racing with the Gods
    Lifetime Supporter

Jul 7, 2009
    RETIRED!!
    San Marcos, Calif.
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Not true! The rear fog lights continue to function normally, but they also now function as additional brake lights with the kit installed. :yesnod:

18. Crashton

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    That's good to know.

19. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    The mods CAN POTENTIALLY cause a problem with the BCM as it draws more than the expected current. My car had a BCM go out (passenger rear brake light wouldn't work) but I removed the mod before taking it to the dealer so it was covered under warranty. But they had the car for 3 weeks trying to figure out why it failed. Never did find out and it has been fine so far. On the pre-face lifted cars the rear fogs are the bulb above the rear brake lights. I, like a lot of others, have simply swapped the leads from the brake lights and the rear fogs. That way the fog lights are now the brake lights and the running lights are the lower lights. And with my 3rd brake pulsar all is good.

The rear fogs are actually illegal in most States, like mine.

20. SNEEEZY - Erika

SNEEEZY - Erika M/A Wrenchin' Babe!
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    Female
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0 / -0
    Bumpity-bump...

With 11 more orders, we'll be at the $11 price!

Payment of $15.74 (includes Paypal fees) can be sent via Paypal to:

[email protected]

Payment MUST be received by 01/28 because the order WILL be placed on 01/31.

If the group buy reaches 25 orders and the $11 price, a refund will be issued.

So...now is a great time to think about birthdays, gift exchanges, etc., as well as vehicles that your loved ones drive.