Garage Floor Coatings or Finishes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by donaldj, May 8, 2009.

1. donaldj

donaldj New Member

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This weekend, I am putting up all the drywall needed to complete my garage. After that a few quick coats and the garage is done, right?

Nope.

I want to put in a nice floor, and was thinking of doing one of those coating floors similar to what Premiere Garage does.

Does anyone have any experience with them, or suggestions for similar products? I'm OK with a do it yourself job or shelling out some coin to have it done. I just want the best possible value for my money.

Thanks,
    Don

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    A buddy of mine used one of those Home Depot sourced kits. Now this guy is as anal as they come when it comes to details. He did everything to make to make sure the floor the floor was prepped correctly and gave it plenty of time to cure before pulling any cars in. I popped over about 6mo after it was done with R-comps on the car on a nice warm day. Rolled in the garage and we did a few things...I pulled out of the garage and large bits of the very nice coating stuck to the tires.

My thoughts on this are now...let a pro prep and finish the floor, when it peels up from my R-Comps you'd have someone to go back to.

3. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    Man, I love my plain old nasty concrete floor. I didn't even cry when my Town & Country's battery ruptured and dumped acid all over it and etched it. One less thing to care about... I'm so frickin anal that, if I tried to keep my garage clean and pretty, it would drive me NUTS.

4. MINIMaybee

MINIMaybee Club Coordinator

May 4, 2009
    Engineer
    Centennial, CO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I did mine using www.originalcolorchips.com three years ago - still perfect. I've spilled oil, anti-freeze, brake cleaner you name it. Parked our Expedition and Pilot on it every day. I use a pressure washer on it once a year and hose it out a few times each year. Took me three days to get it done by myself.
    I've got some photos on Flickr: Garage Project - a set on Flickr

5. davavd

davavd Club Coordinator

May 7, 2009
    Architect
    Covington, La
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Jafar: The idea has merit....

Parrot: MERIT, yes, MERIT!

(from Disney's Alladin)