Pre Migration Garage has been updated

Discussion in 'Announcements, How do I, Feedback' started by Nathan, Oct 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    I've updated the Garage with a bunch of changes.

The orientation of images from vertical to horizontal orientation for a cleaner display. Text wrapping around images has been added for those of you with a penchant to be verbose. The result is a cleaner more compact display.

An Index type page has been added that supports paging. This currently displays Garages in 5 columns with 6 rows. Entries are in chronological order with the newest entry being displayed first. This is the first step in a new and improved Index page we are working on for release later in the month.

You probably don't see this much but we added proper error handling for unsupported image types has been added. If you upload an unsupported image type, either locally or via an URL, you will be presented an error message that the file type is unsupported. The message is displayed for 5 seconds before you are returned to the Garage Plus editing screen. There is no loss of data.

This is one of my favorites, removed new window open when viewing a garage. Garages now open in the same window or tab with all site style treatments in place.

Added a My Garage link in the Garage NavBar drop down to access the My Garage screen. Previously this was accessed via the UserCP. The UserCP option is still in place. Please let me know if you like this and want this access method to replace the UserCP access method.

There are also some under the bonnet changes that make me giddy but you won't care about.

I'm working on some more changes and updates to the Garage. One is going to block Garages with no main image from displaying in the rotating display on the home page. So...if you want your Garage to be noticed and do not have a Main Image please add one soon.

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Ok, the latest version is up and running.

For you techie types, here is a list of changes, fixes and additions.

* Fully phrased.
    * Patched potential security issue in search.
    * Added AdminCP applet.
    * Added diagnostics option to verify image directory is writeable.
    * Added Can Admin Garage right for additional admins and super moderators (will support edit/delete of member garages).
    * Added ability to edit/delete user garages if additional admin or super moderator is granted Garage Administration permissions.
    * Added automatic selection of featured garages (day, week, month) for use in vBadvanced modules.
    * Added AdminCP option to display current day, week, month featured garages and to pick new garages for each.
    * Added scheduled task to automatically select day, week, and month featured garages.

For the rest of you...

If there is no image in the main Garage Image block the Garage is now hidden from public view. Add an image and it will get back into rotation.