2nd Gen R56 Cooper S Getting CEL, Throwing Code U3FFF

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by daveag98, Jul 10, 2010.

1. daveag98

daveag98 New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Howdy gang, I have been getting a check engine light for about 3 weeks off and on. It will come up while driving and then clear after maybe 6-8 or so restarts.

A friend in my local mini club used his fancy computer reader to confirm the code U3FFF.

I have no mods, yes i know its sad, but looks like when i do a search this code comes up as an issue related to alta or other airflow or exhaust mods.

I only use top tier gas and only premium. It has rained a lot here so i have been trying different gas stations in order to make sure its not fuel related.

Ran a can of seafoam through 2 weeks ago and then this last fill up.

I had the mini in for scheduled oil change and brake pads at around 55k miles (under maint warranty till 6yr 100k), check oil last week, was not exactly to the fill line so i added about 1/3 a bottle to get it up there.

Other than that nothing special, i do not track it, but i do drive spirited on my way home from work, commute to work is mostly stop and go as well as the drive home, except for the last 8 miles which is when the sport button gets turned on to unwind a little.

Thats about all the details i can think of to share.

There is a DIY day coming up for my local mini club and if its an issue that is not covered under the extended maint warr, i would like to try and take care of it then.

thanks for the help in advance.

dave

2. mini_racer

mini_racer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Engr Manager
    Austin, TX
    Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
  3. daveag98

daveag98 New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lucky the standard scope was up and turns out it is the Map Thermostat or meter

gonna replace it on the next DIY day our local club has in the near future.