Brakes Wheels 1st Gen Tires Got my winter setup today, Falken Espia

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by dannyhavok, Nov 30, 2010.

1. dannyhavok

dannyhavok New Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    After much hassle with the local Big O, they realized they simply could not get the Konig 15s on my car. It was already on the hoist and basically a hostage, so all they had in stock was a set of Mille Miglia Sports (which are a pretty thugged out looking wheel, kind of funny.) and some Falken Espia snow/ice tires. I got the package for the same price, so that's something. It took some bitching and haggling.

Took it out for a spin today, about 90km. They felt pretty slippery at first, and very mushy, but after awhile I started to get used to it. They handle decently, even pushing through corners a little quicker than I should. Definitely don't feel as stiff as my RFTs and there is some "lag" in power delivery but once up to speed the car feels responsive enough and pulls hard on the highway and through the wet twisties.

If the winter is as snowy/icy/wet as they say it will be, I will be happy to have them.

In the summer I will probably put summer tires on these wheels, be more prepared next year and find some suitable winter wheels and switch the snows onto them, and then I'll be set.

[​IMG]

2. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    Nice lookin wheels you got there.