3rd Gen F56 Cooper S Got to drive an F56 today

Discussion in '3rd Generation: 2014+ F54, F55, F56, F57, F60' started by MCS02, Apr 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    That's the way to make F56 owners feel welcome here on the "friendly Mini site":confused::D

2. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yeah....
    I'm starting to tone down my rhetoric and thoughts on the F56.... It is what it is... I only have issues with the front bumper design, and I'm letting that complaint die... I kind of know now why the R53 people reacted to the R56 the way they did**... But the pointed barbs eventually stopped between those two models.... Ummmmm, well, with a few exceptions maybe...

Got to make the F56 people feel welcome here.... Or else we really aren't the "Friendly MINI site", we are just a bunch Ogers....

** Until the GP2 cleaned up the GP1's record on the Green Hell............... Bruhahahahahaha.... Yeah Baby.....:D

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Rick & Chuck I'm in agreement, this is a fine way to keep new folks from feeling welcome here. We all have different tastes be they donuts, beer, women or cars. Yes have an opinion, but sometimes those should kept to themselves or at least toned down a bit.

The F56 is the new MINI. We best welcome the owner's with open arms rather than pointy sticks. I'm starting to see a trend of folks being bullied for what they like or drive.

Old fart ramble over..... :sleep:

4. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Yeah.... And it would be a shame to loose Justa Jim....

Justa Because Justa Jim....:D

5. rum4

rum4 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Aug 17, 2011
    SC
    Ratings:
    +1,478 / 0 / -0
    Yea he is around but not like he used to be. Carp gets old. ... trust me I know

6. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Here's a MINI Oger for reference...

[​IMG]

7. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Compared to the "classic" the R-53 is NOT a MINI, not even close in fact, but it was the new MINI. The R-56 was the next MINI. The F-56 is the current MINI and the F-what ever will be the next MINI.

There are sites that lean toward only the classics and now it looks like there will be a site for the "Rover" folks and another for the "F" folks. Sad, but that looks like the way it is going to play out, because Dave, MCS02, ZippyNH and others, just have to have a place where they can put down anything that is not an R-53. They can't help themselves. Sure, they say they welcome "all" mini owners, but not their car. As the F-56 starts to show up in larger numbers, I doubt it will be here. :frown2:

8. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Oh Jim, people need to get thicker skin. Its just the internet relax.

Who cares what you drive as long as you enjoy it.

I just love when people get all butt hurt for a car they don't even own.

9. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    My skin is thick enough Dave. It is indeed the internet, as you pointed out, so the option is mine to stay or leave. I came here from NAM and can always move again. The one thing that is really cool about the F-56 is that I can be certain that you will never show up on one of their forums. :lol:

10. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    yeah it a cute little BMW.

11. DixonL2

DixonL2 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Supply Chain Implementation Guy
    A bit north of the 'burgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +274 / 0 / -0
    I'm OK with it, drove one at MOTD a few weeks ago. Agreed that it's likely the best stylish, "bespoke" (you can really individualize it), good-driving front-drive BMW available. It's fast, generates the handling and acceleration numbers, and it's got great, comfy front seats. It's certainly quite capable.

It does seem they've engineered the "sport" out of it, and I love the comment "the engine sounded like it was under a foot of whale blubber"! I've also heard but cannot verify that the auto-rev-match on the stick is not disable-able, and the silly center ring light can be dimmed but not "offed". I'm sure much of that can be addressed, remember this is Release 1.0 on the F56 model, and the Tuners haven't got at it yet! There is one styling element that gratres on me, and no, it's not the "overbite" - it's the double fender flares. It's got the black, and another style line on the fender itself. Too Nissan-y for me. Makes the wheels/tires look dinky-er. But that's minor, overall.

Have to share this, though:
    Check MINI Track Rides |Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. I'll be one of the demo drivers for the PVGP Mini Track Rides, so I'll get to know that chassis REALLY well and give a full report later in July.

12. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I was looking at one on a lift in LA last week. It's very interesting what they did. Take a good look at the rear trailing arms which are no longer aluminum and the HUGE muffler.

13. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    I saw a bunch or stuff in MrChilipepperTubo's rant that I did not understand. A lot of makes me wonder why the F56 felt so different to him than the one I drove. Could this be one of those opinion things? I've already posted my thoughts on my drive so I won't rehash here.

Like I said the way things are going folks are moving away or coming here once & going what the shirt & leaving for other places. Yes I know this is the interwebs, but just because it is do we have to make fun of folks & their choices in cars or mods? Is there interweb law that makes us bad people if we try to care for other's & their feelings?

End of old fart ramble 2..... :sleep:

14. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    You know the more people that cry about a car they do not even have brings more attention to the issue then some of our comments do.

If you are worried about F56 people going to the NAM that wont be a problem after they post a few times on the NAM. :p:lol:

15. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Not true Dave. The F-56 forum on NAM is very active and actually user friendly. I couldn't believe it was the same forum from years gone by. A couple of folks did pop up and try the blasting thing, but they were completely ignored. Interesting change I must say.

It also seems to be a split, between folks who currently own a MINI and first time buyers, who coming to the brand with the third generation car, which is also interesting. .

16. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    That's good enjoy the NAM. :Thumbsup:

17. INIMINI

INIMINI New Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Logistics & Administration
    Jersey City
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    It means that we are getting older and wiser.

18. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    You should check it out Dave. It really has changed........oh, I forgot, you can't.:lol::lol:

19. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Ok hold on. No one is making fun of people buying the F56. I'm kind of tired of saying this but one more time. Just because the F56 isn't my favorite mini does not mean I have anything agents someone that likes them or buys one. I still am interested to see what people do with the F56 to make them different and their MINI!

On another thread we have a new member R99. Everyone is excised for him and his new MINI. Even Dave.0 is playing nice. He has bought a lot of new parts and I can't wait to see what his MINI looks like with them on the car.

JustaJim said he drove one and liked it. More power to you. Your opinion is just as good as my opinion.

I am allowed to have an opinion and it should not offend anyone!

Any mini is better than a Camry!

20. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4

Oh yes I can, I am not BANNED. :lol::lol::lol: but going to the NAM is like asking for AIDS.