Entertainment Electronics 1st Gen GTA Car Kit for iPod/MP3 Playing?

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by TATTRAT, Oct 6, 2012.

1. TATTRAT

TATTRAT Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Executive Chef
    NoVA/DC
    Ratings:
    +474 / 0 / -0
    #1 TATTRAT, Oct 6, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
    I am sorry in advance if this has been discussed, but I just haven't seen anything, or found anything while searching.

Is anyone familiar with this product?

Mini Cooper 2001-2006 - AUX, iPhone, iPod and MP3 adapter

I had found ONE thing saying a person had connected it, their brake lights wouldn't turn off, they disconnected it and everything was fine. They returned it with NO issues, and they said the company was very professional.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/navigation-and-audio/210787-gta-ipod-kit-causes-electrical-issue.html

BUT, after going through the reviews form customers on the site, that were MINI specific, there are some glowing reviews. . .

Just wondering if there was any other real world experience with this. The price point is attractive, the install looks SUPER easy, and fits the needs I am looking for.

If you can tolerate the dudes voice, there is a video for the install and demo of the product, I really want to order, but I would also really like some feedback from anyone who already knows.

Any help would be appreciated!!

2. TATTRAT

TATTRAT Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Executive Chef
    NoVA/DC
    Ratings:
    +474 / 0 / -0
    Well, so much for that.

I am going to give it a go, and see what happens.

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Looks like no one here jumped on that product. Be interested to hear about your findings with it.

4. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, but I just saw this post. I watched the video and it looks just like a kit I bought from NewMINIStuff (UK) a few years back. Mine works great and I have had no problems. Mine was made only for the MINI so everything was plug and play.

Jim

5. edwardlobo

edwardlobo New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you can get an FM Transmitter from Logidock they seem to be realy good. In uk this place you can buy from. They are good FM Transmitter - Play Static-free & High fidelity(hi-fi) music in car