Brakes Wheels 1st Gen Tires Most liked posts in thread: Hawk HP+ or Carbotech Bobcats/AX6

1. BThayer23

BThayer23 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Durham, NC
    Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Bobcats are low dust. AX6 are definitely not. Haven't tried the HP+. Bobcats won't survive track days, though. Learned that one the hard way.

2. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Thanks Tuls.........glad I could be part of your 1 million plus post count ! ! !

:shocked: :p

4. Tüls

Tüls New Member

Apr 3, 2009
    The sky
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Haha happy to help! The #1 reason for me is just customer service. I have personal dealings with them and well. Hawk all the way. I dont care what someone thinks about their product. If you cant work with people. There's always another product just ask good if not better. I'll gladly give my $ to those who appreciate it. I dont have allot of it and work very hard for it. So that matters.

5. old81

old81 Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Used to work making computers run fast!
    Louisville, Colorado
    Ratings:
    +1,731 / 5 / -0
    Scott what are your plans for swapping pads if any for track days?

If your not swapping, some of the folks have been using EBC Greenstuff on brake friendly tracks.

As noted Hawk pads have been rated high, no personal experience.

I use CT XP10 and XP8 on track days, I have left my XP8 on the rear for day to day, nothing objectionable in noise for daily usage.

6. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    I haven't had to swap pads yet and I am on the HPS pads now (Bobcat equiv.?). They are getting a bit thin and I am getting fade problems on my longer road runs.

The track I go to is real easy on brakes, but the HPS do run out towards the end of the day or if I am on a long twisty road run.

Thanks Tuls. What would a set of HP+, front and rear, run me?