Healthcare: Yay or nay.

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by goaljnky, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Here is a simpler question: How can something as broken as our federal government have any hope of "fixing" anything, let alone something as complex as health care?

Our system is not set up for this kind of undertaking. They need to set rules, and then enforce them. Nothing more. The government should never be in charge of taking money and doling it back out, because they will always find other uses for the funds than the ones they were originally intended and it will always lead to problems -- in our case, the bast*rds running everything into the ground.

2. BlimeyCabrio

BlimeyCabrio Oscar Goldman of MINIs
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Professional Facilitator and Alignment Consultant
    Holly Springs, NC
    Ratings:
    +2,896 / 0 / -0
    AMEN to both of you. :Thumbsup:

3. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    #263 cct1, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
    While I agree with you 100%, it's too late--now that they've got their finger in it, they're not pulling them back out.

One thing that gets lost in all of this is it isn't just physicians affected by this--on the hospital side, it's also the phlebotomist that draws blood, the nurse taking care of the patient on the floor, even the housekeepers that keep the place clean and the maintenance folks who keep it running. They get paid out of this pool of money.

On the clinic side, more than half of what we get paid goes to our nursing and reception staff, and to supplies used, which we cannot bill separately for on medicare patients--it's bundled into the fee, rent, electricity, etc.

4. KittyMini

KittyMini Club Coordinator

Jun 24, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,183 / 0 / -0
    All I know is, I'm going to be paying out more and have less covered :mad2:

I'm really afraid our quality of care is going to really suffer.