2nd Gen R59 Roadster Hello from a Roadster friend . . .

Discussion in '2nd Generation: 2007+ R55 through R61' started by TG., Mar 2, 2014.

1. eMINIparts

eMINIparts Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

Mar 13, 2012
    MINI Parts Advisor
    Bedford NH
    Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the coolest MINI forum on the net........:cool:

Thanks for showing it off....We LOVE checking out HOT MINI's

2. TG.

TG. Active Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, I'm getting good vibes here :cornut:

3. Rainman768

Rainman768 Active Member

May 3, 2012
    Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Very nice. I keep finding myself spec'ing out a kite blue roadster. Yours looks much better than the configurators version.

4. TG.

TG. Active Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    thx!

But WOW! just went on MINI USA site and you can no longer configure it in Kite Blue!!! did you realize that?

Here is what ours look like from the configurator but really we did some online search instead before we finalized our choice. I would not have picked a color based on the configurator. It's kind of off really...
    KathrynMini02_zps854dc9d2.jpg KathrynMini03_zps3dd1db9f.jpg KathrynMINIjantes-02_zpsb219d8a2.jpg

5. jlbiker

jlbiker New Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    r112 wheels :crazy: hahaha, I love this car!!! :drool: Only missing xenon from my point view, in Europe most cars (from S) installing this extra. :Thumbsup:

6. TG.

TG. Active Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    thx the compliments. We love this car too :D

yeah, about the xenon, it's kind of a long story... but in short, we had made our selection on the Configurator online, favoring interior materials over tech (which we do not have regrets, I love that dash and seats!), only to find out the day we bought it, in june 2013, that they were using 2014 package Configurator. Everything was pretty much grouped differently. So we had a bit of stress figuring out how to get everything we wanted... with the pressure of the sale and very inexperienced MA we held back a little, mind you this car cost a bit more than the base model! After the fact I started to regret not having the xenon... We probed the dealer but they pretty much told us it was not possible to retrofit them even if we were willing to pay for the new lights . . . admittedly I find the xenon to be a little over rated anyway. It's not that we feel we are missing them when driving so we'll live without them :arf:

7. TG.

TG. Active Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Oh and since you like the R112 here is an extra photo:

summer mode vs. winter mode
    Winterization01-2013_zps0058c2d1.jpg

8. Rainman768

Rainman768 Active Member

May 3, 2012
    Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Must have been a recent change. By the time we'll be able to afford one the roadster won't be in the configurator at all. Maybe you'll be ready to sell yours. :D

Not so. See this thread.
    http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/exterior/20730-official-mini-xenon-retrofit-kit.html#axzz2vEScOmGw
    I couldn't find an official MINI part number, however. Personally I love them. So much better than the halogens in our hardtop.

9. TG.

TG. Active Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    #29 TG., Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    How about that! I wasn't aware of these. I like the fact they are just plug and play.
    I was not entirely wrong in saying that the dealer cannot retrofit a factory installed headlights to xenon :biggrin5:
    It would require significant harness changes... OR is this a recent change? meaning since August? Are these OEM?

Now that's about a grand. Kind of steep though imo. Begs the question, is there a better way to spend $1,000 :p
    I wonder how much $ per extra lumens does that do :D
    I'm not even sure I'd care for a grey headlight on our particular configuration. I kind of like the classic head light style . . . somewhat. It just seem to work with the MINI styling. But I'm not all set on not upgrading. We'll see... may be some time later, idk.

Are these the same?
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/63102347698/?salesrep=mhecking&utm_source=northamericanmotoring&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=mhecking&utm_campaign=postreply

in any case, big thx for chirping in :Thumbsup:

Oh and while I'm thinking about it, the biggest problem in getting those I see is that I would want the fog lights upgrades to go with it :lol: :rolleyes5: