Most liked posts in thread: Hellooo..

1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    I'm here...
    Yesterday I met my dad down at the shop, grabbed the company truck and went out to the Lazy Boy warehouse and picked up his new recliner. He's one happy guy.

Stopped by Thurn's and picked up two fresh racks of ribs. I made BBQ ribs with a big pot if green beans, bacon and new potatoes and baked some sweet cornbread. Had that ready for the wife when she got back from shopping. Opened a nice bottle of chilled Riesling. Had the fireplace going, very nice.

2. futuremini

futuremini New Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am here too. I was in Chicago Thursday and Friday. Got up Saturday to drop off my old tires and wheels at my friends shop so he could transfer my tires onto the new Feathers. Can't wait to get them put back on.

3. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Darn that sounds good. Looks like you are pushing for a really big Christmas present.

I guess I missed the invitation to dinner. :frown5: I'll have to start checking my e-mail closer. :D

Jim

4. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    No e-mail necessary.....
    My doors are always open to all my MINI buds.:Thumbsup:

5. LIL PIGG

LIL PIGG Club Coordinator

Sep 20, 2010
    Field Tech
    Columbus, OH
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    will you adopt me?

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I spent Sat helping a friend and fellow KC MINIac work on the clutch on his classic Cooper....

Unfortunately we didn't get it finished before he had to leave for work. It can be difficult working in someone else's shop - they don't have the same tools, and it's hard for me to stand back and let others do it - I want to jump in since I know I can do it faster and more efficiently, but then they don't learn when I do that, so I have to sit on my hands and let them make mistakes and try to guide them.....which makes a job take twice as long as it should.
    Oh well.....it's still more fun than shopping!

7. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    Hi Carol... :D Lets see, get up go to work, come home, shower rinse & repeat. No shopping for this guy.

8. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    Ahhh HA.....

A connoisseur of L/B recliners too? :D

9. IMGRFX

IMGRFX Club Coordinator

Oct 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    And the topic turned to food immediately! Gotta love MM (I'm impressed) and MOM food.

I tested therapy dogs yesterday and baked some of grandma's hickory nut cake. These are nuts I harvested, smashed and shelled. All from scratch. Fun times. Perhaps more of the same baking today!

10. lotsie

lotsie Club Coordinator

May 5, 2009
    stagehand/part time detailer
    Right here
    Ratings:
    +401 / 0 / -0
    We went to the MINI dealer to check out the Countryman yesterday. No test drives:prrr::rolleyes: Oh well, it was a justa-man, but they should have an All-wheel drive to test in a few weeks.

If I was still living in the wilds of rural Manitoba, I could see getting one. No need for the ground clearance here in STL (plus I can't quite get used to the styling), so the AWD is going to have to really impress us.

Let's see, on the food front... got lunch stuff for the week, and made grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. Beer was consumed also.

Mark

11. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I got a new cookbook to try out. :D

[​IMG]

12. Metalman

Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,913 / 1 / -0
    #13 Metalman, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
    Been having pain in my neck muscle on one side, with a numbness in my right shoulder. I tend to sleep on my side right side with my right arm elevated, which puts a strain on my rotator cuff.
    Sooooo.....
    My wife made an appointment for me with a masseuse at noon today. Wow, was that nice. The lady pulled and tugged and pressed on me for 45 minutes with coconut oil, hot rocks and new age music. Wasn't able to fall asleep because she kept finding my sore pressure points. I discovered all kind of things I've been doing wrong to my body.
    So I guess you can say I just got a performance tune to my old bod..... Not too shabby for $26.00. My wife wants me to do this once a month, which is "A OK" by me.:D
    Can't wait for my next "tune up" errr ...visit.:Thumbsup:

13. IMGRFX

IMGRFX Club Coordinator

Oct 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    I get regular "tune ups" from the chiropractor. Helps tremendously.

So, ni-night MINI. :sad: Have a nice winter's nap. But, the B9 Bomber is happy to be in the garage this snowy morning.

14. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Glad it is working. Nice to have an appointment for aches and pains that you are looking forward to going to. :Thumbsup:

Jim

15. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Anybody else hate driving an automatic in the snow? Dear god I never know if I am slipping or the tranny is inbetween gears.

16. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I find mine to work well in snow, but you could always use manual mode - that way the tranny will only do what you tell it to...and it will start in 2nd gear instead of 1st.

And turn off the sport button, for sure!

17. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Was out motoring in the NE GA Mountains! LOVED IT!

Will post some pics when I have time to get them down to manageable sizes... :D

18. IMGRFX

IMGRFX Club Coordinator

Oct 18, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +241 / 0 / -0
    Are you talking Volvo or Outback?
    B9 = snow machine tank. I tried to slip this morning and could not. :Thumbsup:

19. rigidjunkie

rigidjunkie New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Membership Manager
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Volvo, but it translates to all cars. The Subaru is better, but it still sometimes has that lost feeling. The funny thing is the Volvo ABS is crazzy strong it has some real kick back through the pedal. It feels weird but in its defense it works really well, especially due to my need of new tires.

Do you have snow tires on Becca? We have all seasons on our Subaru and it is a hoot in the snow, just enough grip to get it sliding. And the nice thing is it is sooo long it is pretty easy to control the slide when it breaks free. Almost makes me want to get a WRX instead of an M3 :)

20. CHKMINI

CHKMINI Club Coordinator
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 1, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,863 / 0 / -1
    #21 CHKMINI, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
    Snow? :confused: What Snow? :confused5: We had dandruff fall last night and yous guys are talking about driving in snow :eek:ut: Chuck, (both Chucks) did you see snow this morning or just something on the road that looked like it could be controlled with Head and Shoulders ? :rolleyes::D