Help, I'm clueless!

Discussion in 'Starting Line - New Member Introductions' started by alltwelvekeys, Sep 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. alltwelvekeys

alltwelvekeys New Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello All,
    I am brand new to the site having recently purchased a 2005 mini convertable. I love my new car, but I had an experience a couple days ago that is troubling. I was travelling at 65+ on the freeway, when my mini started going from "drive" to "sport drive" without me touching the shifter. After 10 minutes of this I decided to try to use the "manual" gears only to have it stick on 6th. Unable to accelerate after slowing in traffic I pulled over and turned off the car. When I restarted the indicators for park, reverse, neutral, and drive were blank, though they were functional. The next day and even now the indicators for park, neutral, etc were fine and everything would appear normal, however the "SD" and steptronic gears do not work anymore. Also the stick seems harder to engage when moved to the "SD" My guess is I have a big problem with the computer. Can anybody shine some light on what I might be dealing with?

2. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Check with Way at Way Motor Works. He is the man when it comes to these little cars...

3. MiniRican

MiniRican New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Bestbuy CSM
    Puerto Rico
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that bro.. Probably this was a problem it already had and that is wat they sold her.. Anyways our supporting vendors are very handy when it comes to mechanic. Click here for Way @ Way Motor Works Good luck!!

4. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Way is in Canada right now working on a customers Targa car.

Do you have a dealer close by?

5. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The auto is controlled by

a computer, and I'm guessing the issue is there. It needs a talking to with a scanner that is capable of doing it (not a common OBD-II scanner).

Matt