So tonight everything was fine on the way home from work until i get on it after a semi turns from in front of me. After I let off from getting on it everything starts to flash/flicker(abs, traction control, tire pressure, ect) and the radio flicks off/on as well as all the cars lights, including interior and exterior. The hazards worked fine though the whole time. (Seeing as I was using them at this point) so I drive to oriellys in town(they are closed) have to drive 20 minutes to the next town where i live and they are open. By the time I got there I smell something like eggs almost and pop the hatch and open the carpet to inspect the battery and all this smoke pours out of the battery area. There is gel acid all over the tray, I had to replace the battery. Which was funny this whole time while i was changing the battery and the key was out of the ignition all of the gauges were sitting funny, speedo was at 13mph, fuel was at a 1/4 and temperatures were at half. When I was driving the engine temperature was at full like max it will go to and the fuel was at half. But I really only had 1/8th a tank of fuel. So New battery in the car(before i even put the key in the car all the gauges go to 0 like they should) so I start it up and its all fine until I start to drive it, then it does it again. As I am on the throttle everything in the car is off basicallym, then when I let off the throttle and press the clutch(so the rpms drop since its not off the throttle that does anything, its actually the rpms dropping down to idle). So to me it definitely seems like the alternator is overcharging the system and everything is shutting down, all the wiring is overheating from the extra voltages. I am pretty stumped, I have never had this problem before. I have no idea what fuses could be in here that need replaced. The car also decided to melt the bank 1 o2 sensor wiring, their is exposed wiring on the harness that is contacting itself. Could this have anything to do with the power steering pump being pulled out of the car?