1st Gen R52 Cooper Convertible HELP! No right rear or 3rd brake light.....

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by nandassi, Jul 3, 2013.

1. nandassi

nandassi New Member

May 16, 2012
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a 2008 convertible and, earlier in the week, I attempted to install the "Give Me a Brake" mod. If you google "'Give Me A Brake' mini", you can see the installation instructions. Per the instructions, I attached one end of the splicing adapter to the black/blue wire on the tail light connector plug. Then I attached the other end of the adapter to the yellow/black wire into what I figured out after the fact was the wrong wiring harness. (I was supposed to be splicing into a yellow/brown wire.) At this point, all the brake lights worked except the "Give Me a Brake" light in the rear bumper. Then I found another wiring harness and attached the end of the splicing adapter to a yellow/brown wire. (The other end was still attached to the black/blue wire on the tail light connector plug.) At this point, the 3rd and right rear brake lights wouldn't work. I have removed the splicing adapter from both wires and the brake lights still won't work. HOWEVER, the right rear tail light works when I turn on the headlights. The right signal light works too. I am now just trying to get the right rear and 3rd brake lights to work again. HELP please!! Thanks in advance.

P.S. The left rear brake light works. It's just the right rear and 3rd brake light that doesn't illuminate.

2. Apok

Apok New Member

Jun 15, 2013
    Sadly, finance. The most boring job in the world.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    Did you check your fuses? I may be possible that you popped a fuse wiring to the incorrect harness. But I'm no expert.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0