Highly Modified 2012 JCW Roadster - Need Advice.

Discussion in '2nd Generation Parts For Sale' started by Charles P Meade, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Charles P Meade

Charles P Meade New Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a highly modified engine with custom interior on a 2012 JCW Roadster. Near mint condition with 313hp on the dyno. Just over 46,000 miles of highway travel. So, I’m ready to sell this one, but have no idea how to value the custom mods, including $10,000 in custom audio system plus many more upgrades. Approximately $25K in upgrades all installed professionally.

Don’t know if this is a collectible, but it is certainly one-of-a-kind. Can anyone give me a thought on how I would go about selling the car to an enthusiast who might appreciate the work that has gone into the vehicle. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Welcome to M\A. Pictures would help but I will tell you right now you will not get the money out of your car that you put into it. It’s not a collectible car. Sorry, just the facts.

3. Charles P Meade

Charles P Meade New Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Dave. Not looking for a return on my investment, only fair value for the build at this time in its life. How do you value a car like this - thoughts?

Ill send a photo array in a bit.

4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Your best bet would be to put your cars information into Edmonds or Kelly Blue book to see what the average private resale prices are.

5. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I wish I remember what book value on my R58 JCW was when I bought it 2 years ago. It has 20k worth of mods done to it. I believe I payed a little over book for it. Not much,
    I would love to see some pictures of you roadster. I came very close to buying one before I got my R58

6. N2MINI

N2MINI MINI of the Month

Dec 4, 2009
    Sign Maker
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    As has been said. The price of Mods is pretty much out the window. You'll most likely get pennies on the dollar. Check KBB or where ever the value of just the car and then it depends on how long your willing to wait for just the right person who wants all or most of those mods and is willing to pay extra for it..A quick look it claims Private Party Value is between 13,000-17,000 dollars... Others like most of us will always wonder how hard has it truely been driven. Is there a problem and that is why it's for sell, What might be getting ready to break on it etc etc...Makes it hard to pay much extra for mods...On a car that when the clutch goes out it's an $1800 job or more depending on who does it..( over $2200 at the dealer ) and if it is an automatic that is even scarier...

7. Skidmarks

Skidmarks Active Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Male
    IT/OT Analyst
    Wichita, KS
    Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -0
    You could try your luck on Bring a Trailer. That might be the correct audience for people who appreciate the mods more than craigslist or ebay.