Most liked posts in thread: Honda CR-Z

1. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Is that supposed to be the CR-X successor?

2. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    Honda has gone the way of Chevy... They make cars that are almost, but not quite good looking.:Yawn:

3. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    #4 Dr Obnxs, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    But..

it's supposed to be a hoot of a drive! It has really nice pricing too! Hope it sells well for them....

Matt

4. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Is it more in the Civic family or more of an Accord thing? It certaintly doesn't look like a cousin of the CR-V line

5. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Cousin of the CR-X....

more than anything else. It's a "sport hybrid" though. The batteries are low for a low Cg, and it is supposed to be a fun ride. I just priced one with Bluetooth at about $21k....

Matt

6. letzmtr

letzmtr New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Automotive Testing Laboratory Manager
    Greenville, OHIO
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes goaljnky, it is the successor to the CR-X. I'm a new model lab manager for Honda's largest Tier one supplier of injected parts. The economy of the new Hybrid/sport at 31 city/37 hwy/34 combined for 6MT does not do anything for me. I'll wait for a test drive. Look out for the new civic based acura coming soon.

7. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    I was a proud owner of an '89 CRX Si. It had a 118 hp and a 5 speed and I remember getting about 44 mpg on my trips to San Francisco from LA. About 34-36 in the city on daily drives.

So twenty years later the hybrid gets me 4 more horse power, an extra gear and worse mileage? Lucy, you've got some splainin' to do!!!

8. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I owned a '91 SI myself (sold it to get my MINI) and was eagerly awaiting the CR-Z. Now that its here, meh. MEH!!

4e85.jpg a64f.jpg

9. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    I had a very nice '91 Civic Si Wagon. But when that one got totaled, I went looking for another and they had begun their sink into blahness. I was a die-hard Honda fan until then and it was tough to leave the brand, until my ex-wife's Accord debacle. Then, not so much.

10. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Si wagon? Do you mean hatch? I had an '89 before the CRX....great car as well

11. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0

Yeah, the hatchback...

This one:

[​IMG]

Been a few [hundred] bottles of rum and years ago.

:D

12. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    Bought one of those for my GF at the time. Not much difference from the CRX. A back seat and a bigger window.

13. TGS91

TGS91 New Member

May 8, 2009
    Sales Dude
    St. Louis, MO
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it takes me awhile sometimes to get behind a new Honda design, and for the last couple years it hasn't happened. Bohrrrrring!

I do like the 2 Dr Civic SI and was considering when I got the MINI. No explanation needed here

Ran across one on the last HPDE I did and they do have a nice power band. MINI ahead in the curves and the SI was really on my ass on the straights

14. MartyJ

MartyJ New Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I drove a CR-Z last weekend here in Austin, TX. Loved the car! 2-seater hybrid. Looks like it will be my next car soon.

My '07 S is in the shop now having the short block replaced. Bad piston rod caused scouring of the cylinder wall. $5,800 to replace. As soon as I get it back and the Honda dealer calls, it's so-long Mini. This is my 3rd Mini and it's been a nightmare! Turbo replaced twice, HP fuel pump replaced, valve cover replaced, plus other more nit-picky things. Not even 3 years old yet! Contacted Mini and they said that after reviewing my case, they won't pay for any of it. So now I'm driving the loaner with a "MINI Lemon" sign in the rear window.

15. PGT

PGT Wheel Whore

May 4, 2009
    Federal Gov Contracting
    Leesburg VA
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    here was mine (sold it to get the CRX as the CRX had A/C and the Civic did not). I had a set of '99 SI wheels on it for summer (the seven spoke polished silver ones), much like you had the Integra wheels on yours.

32504100024_large.jpg car.jpg

16. Johngo

Johngo New Member
    Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Art Director
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    That wasn't mine... Mine was much cleaner. I was just showing the style.

Mine got totaled with one payment left by a little pr*ck teenager. :confused5:

17. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    #18 Minidave, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
    IMG_4220.jpg a64f.jpg

Both of these were great looking cars and a great value too. They're still contemporary IMHO too....they had terrific driving dynamics and handling and were efficient and reliable. Exactly what a fun, lightweight sporty car should be......

I really like the looks of the new Civic coupe, but the footprint is huge and like everything else they've just gotten bigger and heavier.

The new CRZ?

Ugly, wierd, inefficient use of space, not fun to drive (according to TG) and mediocre performance. Where's the joy in that?

18. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    I spent a few hours at the Honda dealer yesterday while they did some work on my Element. Couldn't bear sitting in the "lounge" so I wandered around the lot and showroom (this frustrated one sales person after another).

There was a CR-Z on the lot in front of the showroom. The three or four people I saw who stopped there looked like they were just trying to figure out what it was...like I did. Once they had that worked out they all moved on. None lingered more than maybe 10 seconds or so. Never saw a salesperson catch anyone near it and never saw a door open much less a test drive.

In the same period of time I saw three Crosstours sell...

FWIW, I thought the CR-Z looked pretty good; looks better in person (IMO).

19. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Should have taken it for a test drive!

I mean, you had the time...

Matt

20. ftttupwmcs

ftttupwmcs New Member

May 17, 2010
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    2011 Honda CR-Z Overview - Official Honda Site
    When you click on this link, it shows the CR-Z in traffic. I think it looks great but I'm not in the market for one. If Honda wants to compete with MINI, they need to do a retro CVCC. I'm sure the Honda designers/engineers could do some really neato things with that idea.