How to Destory a Thread ...was...The Truth About Valvesprings!

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Dr Obnxs, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Sponsor

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    or the Lucas engineers saying this is a superbly designed piece of kit..........

2. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    A Man of Wit and Charm! (Just ask my wife!)
    Woodside, CA, up in the hills and trees.
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    And thank you...

for yet another content-laden post!

Matt

3. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    What happens when every one will start using solenoids to control their valves? No camshafts, no sprints. What then?

4. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    #44 Dr Obnxs, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    That's the FIAT MultiAIR engine...

and it's getting engineering kudos all over! But then, I don't think upgrading to them will be a simple swap......

Oh, and from SuperTechs website (to check the press releases, click on NEWS in the lower left corner of the home page)

Dated: 8/20/2009

SUPERTECH's New line of Beehive spring and kits has hit the warehouse. After much demand for them we are starting with a few application, however we have others in R&D.

The benefits are:

1) Beehive springs have smaller top coils and retainer. This means that the alternative moving mass (weight) of the spring and retainer are lower so you can run at higher rpms or you can lower the pressure of the spring for the same rpms.

2) The beehive spring has a variable rate. The rate increases as the spring is compressed and the lower coils that have a lower rate start binding before the top coils with a higher rate, do. Since they have a variable rate, they also have a variable natural resonant frequency that is changing constantly as the spring is being compressed.

A single cylindrical spring has a defined natural resonant frequency that may fool the operation of the valve if not well designed to that application and a Dual spring has two defined natural resonant frequencies that help dampen each other if well designed, but is heavier than a single spring.

Our Beehive springs have also been manufactured using high quality chrome silicon vanadium oval shaped wire for optimal distribution of the wire stresses and better durability.

So if this is Lucas tech, SuperTech, Ferrea, Comp Cams, Crower and on and on are really screwing up big time! Hay folks, it's time to get ON the bus! It's leaving the station!

Matt

5. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    #45 Jan, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
    it's possible you missed the humor in an add on to your post about going to school uphill..........

regardless............. I have been on Willie the engineer at Supertech for over 2yrs to get beehive springs........... he said they were working on it........

Looks like it's official now.............suhweeeeeeetttttttt

Looks like I will be testing them shortly...........:devil:

just talked to Willy......should be 2 weeks out

6. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So, let me get this straight.....

while you've been crapping all over the offering of Beehives using PAC springs WHILE you were working to get them yourself? That's freakin' priceless! Why not say "Yes, they are good tech, but my supplier doesn't stock a good fitting for the MINI yet."

FWIW, it seems that many of the companies are offering the PAC Racing spring. They have the ovate wire and the tech down. It's just a question of which spring for what app.

Glad you decided to get on the bus.

Matt

7. Dr Obnxs

Dr Obnxs New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I read you posts...

I read you posts. Including

you just said that all that stuff about they why's and the theorys about thier improved engineering didn't matter... While you were persuing Beehives yourself.

You just said that what works on a V8 has no bearing on an I4, even though an I4 is just half of a V8... While you were persuing Beehives yourself.

You say that you have been going after Beehives from SuperTech for over two years, and NOW it's official? the press release was from August 2009...

You say that you only offer the best tech on your parts, and then igorned that you could have sourced springs direct from PAC Racing for a long time...

Jan, this one is for the books. You didn't have to slander by implication and just stuck with the "Beehives ARE good tech. I'd love to see more data" or "that article on valve train technology has some good information, I loook forward to when all the technology is available optimized for the MINI" and we would have been in complete agreement. Most of the pissing contest would never have happened, we would have had a more constructive conversation, and then when your product was ready, you could have offered it to the masses.

Instead, we get pages of craap; dilution of technical information; the standard inflamed pissing contests... All for what... To learn that you're working on the very same tech that others are offering.

Great....

Matt

8. jiminni

jiminni Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ca.
    Ratings:
    +262 / 0 / -0
    Hey no problem :Thumbsup:.....but I am not a teenage kid running stop light to stop light, unfortunately I'll be hitting the big 5-O in a couple weeks and have driven a crud load of cars in my time...... I know what I felt. But hey it's cool :cool: BTW, Lynn has driven my car also.

9. Onasled Racing

Onasled Racing New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Fun read..
    Thanks Matt. Good stuff.

10. goaljnky

goaljnky New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    LaLaLand, Left Coast, Overpopulated and Underfunde
    Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -0
    All right folks. Couple of unnecessary posts have been removed. I am not gonna bother with PM. Both parties will know why without me having to tell them. AGAIN!

Remember, pissing is good in Colorado and Miami, apparently, but not in this sand box.

11. Jan

Jan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +382 / 0 / -0
    matt,
    you are pulling the internet warrior move again.........
    YOU HAVEN"T EVEN TESTED THEM YET.................

yet act like it's the second coming of (insert your god here)

Again, I will actually test them before I pronounce anything.... something you should think about doing..........actually showing your products work.

I tested the twinscrew for months.......still didnt use it in the end as this one didn't pass the test.......... something similar could happen with your springs......

if you "actually test" them in a scientific matter............

again.........my .02

12. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    There is a fair amount of good info in this but personal agendas took it downhill fast. I personally wasted an entire day having to deal with this. It will not happen again. This sort of activity is not to be tolerated on M/A. This is the friendly site...remember.

There is a new thread to discuss beehive valves springs. This one is now in the Politics and other Messy Stuff as it is a mess through and through. The thread will be locked and left here as a reminder of the worst we can be. We all need to learn from this thread and do what we can to do things better.