Exterior 1st Gen How to go from "base" to "Italian Job"

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by PharMini, Nov 25, 2013.

1. PharMini

PharMini New Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys.

I've just bought an '03 MC non-S, and I must say, it's a gem. Great condition for a ten year old car. Like any Mini owner worth his salt, I have some plans for the old girl. I've already got the performance stuff sorted (although there's really not much you can do on that end of the scale), but I am having trouble finding the exterior things I desire for the car. I have managed to find the wheels and tires I like, and getting the bonnet stripes and fog lights shouldn't be a problem. The issue that I'm facing is with the ground effects. In the Italian Job, I noticed that the white and blue cars were non-S models, but were fitted with what appears to be the jcw aero body kit. It's interesting because they didn't fit the exhaust of the S to the non-S cars. The rear bumper was actually made to fit the exhaust on the non-S. Does anyone know where I can find something like this? I know it will require replacing the non-S grille with the black grill that is standard, which I want to do. I also want to replace the chrome piece that encircles the headlamps with black ones. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

2. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    There was a non S JCW kit with the proper exhaust cutout location in the rear bumper. I modified one for my S to get the split exhaust look.

[​IMG]

All the part numbers can be found at RealOEM.com * BMW R50 Cooper Aerodynamics package

The kits have long sold out. You may find some of the parts still available but now they are ala carte, so to speak.

For black headlamp rings you need to paint, wrap otherwise finish them. I think Chad at Detroit Tuned might offer wrapped ones on an exchange basis.

Good luck with the project.

3. c0op3r

c0op3r Active Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Mech Eng and IT
    Orlando FL
    Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
  4. Detroit Tuned

Detroit Tuned Well-Known Member
    Motoring Alliance Founding Sponsor

May 5, 2009
    evertyhing
    Metro Detroit
    Ratings:
    +319 / 0 / -0
    We can get you any of the parts your need. Just give us a call. Detroit Tuned. 586-792-6464