Interior 2nd Gen How to: Installing aftermarket seats R56 - Motoring Alliance Exclusive!!

Discussion in 'Tuning and Performance' started by btwdriver, Jun 22, 2009.

1. countryboyshane

countryboyshane New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Has anybody installed these with 6-point harnesses? I'm curious how people decided to mount their belt hardware.

2. btwdriver

btwdriver New Member

May 4, 2009
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I did install a 6 point. I have Schroth belts and I used their mounting hardware to mount the sub and lap belt hooks. They come with some decent backing plates, and I just drilled through the floor. I did have to go pretty far back as there is a lot of wiring under the seat you need to look out for.

3. countryboyshane

countryboyshane New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Diesel Engineering
    Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ryan told me about VAC motorsports. I'm a BMW ignoramus so I never knew about them. I have a bunch of hardware on order with them. Now the wait... :cool:

4. Terminal Velocity

Dec 2, 2011
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I realize this thread is older than dirt but it's excellent! Can anyone who's done this mod confirm if the Gen 2 seats have remained constant insofar as the mounting hardware is concerned? I have a 2013 model and am hoping to use the Brey Krause adapters modded as posted here. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have.