I'll just toss this out there...

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by caseydog, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]

2. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    We live in a republic & we have the freedom to vote. Trump was elected President.

Your temper tantrums mean nothing. Basically these people are crying like babies because they didn't get what they wanted. I would bet a lot of people voted for Trump just to shut you whining babies up. So you have yourself to blame! If Hillary had won there would be no protest because there is no reason for any.

Grow up & act like men & woman not children!!!!

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Not sure who you pointing that message at Dave. You do realize this is a thread in an area that hidden from the mainstream. There is no SEO, it's not picked up by Google or other search engines. We all here accept that the vote went the way it did and we have President Elect Trump. We're not whining, not are the members here curled up in balls crying. We're not out in the streets protesting, we're not saying "Not my President". We've been adults about this all along. We've, who are not supporters of Mr. Trump, have not called you names, nor have we tossed slings and arrows at those with whom we do not agree. For the most part Dave, the "left" on M/A has been respectful of your view on the matter.

Yet you continue to kick sand.

Remember, when it all said and done all parties need to work together for consensus.

4. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
    Aww, Dave's just a sore winner.:incazzato:

5. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
  6. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Found your Weiner....

[​IMG]

7. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Mine was here.... Remo's not Anthony's.

[​IMG]

8. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I was directing that to all Hillary supporters not just the little M\A membership. M\A is a pimple on the a$$ of the internet.

Also the election is OVER so it is "it's all said and done ".

FYI ~ I don't care for "Left" and "Right" name tags we are all AMERICANS.

All AMERICANS that are upset and BS-ing about your selected side losing and protesting the election results need to get off the cross and let Jesus use it.

I don't care if you call me names I have been called everything under the sun even by YOU and I don't care. I am adult, have thick skin and I can take it.

I am not a PU**Y that gets all butt hurt over little web crap and I have shown that time and time again and will continue to.

9. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    Protesting the election results is pretty asinine at this point. I'm not against people protesting during his presidency, but come on he isn't even in office yet.

10. cct1

cct1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 5, 2009
    Ratings:
    +3,369 / 0 / -0
    I have no problems with people protesting, but I do have problems with people protesting and destroying things; I could live without that.

11. cristo

cristo Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Male
    physician
    York, Pa
    Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -1
    Funny, before the election I was hearing talk of a pitchfork and torches style march on Washington by disgruntled Trump supporters if Hillary won to protest the "rigged election".

12. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    That's exactly what I am talking about.

Free Speech - no problem
    Protesting - no problem
    Burning the American flag, and causing riots and destroying others property. - That's over the line.

13. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    It's not funny now, it's the irony of it all. :idea:

14. BruceK

BruceK Active Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Texas
    Ratings:
    +215 / 0 / -0
    No matter whether you were shocked, or pleased, about the election outcome, I ask that you read this article from a CBS News contributor.

I think it is a pretty darn good self-reflection piece. It's long, but worth it. And I think it helps explain why this was such a surprise to some.

Article here: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/commentary-the-unbearable-smugness-of-the-press-presidential-election-2016/

15. caseydog

caseydog Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Automotive Photographer
    Dallas
    Ratings:
    +1,059 / 1 / -0
    My biggest regret from this election is that I started this stupid thread. DOH!

I really chummed the water with this one. Oh well.

I'm probably not going to have much time to post here moving forward -- or backwards, as the case may be. I've got a busy schedule coming up, between hugging trees, promoting more abortions, and waiting in line for my welfare checks. Being November, I need to get suited up for the War on Christmas, too.

You guys enjoy yourselves.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw0riLqQBj0"]The Three Stooges - Slaps, Smacks and Pokes - YouTube[/ame]

CD

16. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing the article Bruce. While I don't agree with all that was stated, I believe the author made some great points and recognizes the issues that are seriously plaguing a vital medium.

On a high note, a bi-product of Hillary losing is, the inbred White House/Mainstream Media marriage has now come to an end. Hallelujah!

17. DneprDave

DneprDave Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Engineer
    Pacific NW
    Ratings:
    +1,721 / 0 / -0
  18. mrntd

mrntd Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Male
    Sales and Marketing manager
    Hilliard, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1,763 / 0 / -0
    I found it interesting that the left can critisize anything and it's okay. But if some one on the right does it we're racist, sexist.....
    One example Sarah Palin was mocked for dressing simply. They said she looked like she came from a trailer park. But that's all funny.
    This election someone says Hilary's paint suit looks like Capt Kangaroo's jacket and their call sexist.

The left is saying that Trump won because of all the dumb white supporters. But a Washington paper yesterday had the dem party brokers all trying to figure out how to get them back. Wait their a bunch of idiots if they vote for Trump but they are our people if they vote for Hilary?

With that I can close out on this tread... I think

19. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    Shall we conclude that you're not including the Fox Network as part of your "Mainstream Media" over-generalization?

Actually, when it comes to "news" coverage no network out there is more mainstream. Among the cable providers, Fox News led all basic cable network in viewership for the month of October, leading the way in both total day and primetime, marking the fifth time this year it has done so. In total day (Monday-Friday), Fox News’ audience was 1.67 million, which was nearly double of CNN (1.03 million) and MSNBC (999,000). (source MEDIAite, J. Baragona, 110116)

More and more it seems that we isolate ourselves with like-minded individuals at the expense of engaging in honest, sincere, respectful, and well-thought dialogue. The more we shift to exclusive sources of information, the worse that isolation becomes. Although a bit dated, I find this graphic from a Pew Research Center report to be quite revealing:

[​IMG]

It is the rare individual who consciously chooses to consume equally from both the top and bottom of this list in order to get both sides of the spin.

Now, just think about how this effect is exacerbated as more and more people move away from television and radio and turn to social media as the primary conduit for formulating their world view. We un-follow the people and groups with whom we don't agree and surround ourselves with "friends" who provide a constant, convenient endorsement of our own narrow philosophy. It's way too easy to be ignorant of contradictory, valid points of view. Is it any wonder that these groups, regardless of ideology, devolve into pitchfork-carrying lynch mobs? It takes commitment and work to break down the barriers and cultivate that conversation, and most of us are just too damn lazy or scared to try.

For most people these days, it seems that where you stand depends on where you tune in.

20. B.A.D.

B.A.D. Club Coordinator

Dec 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +934 / 0 / -0
    This makes perfect sense to me...if "dumb white voters" were what swung the election for Trump, why wouldn't the losing party try to figure out how to get their vote the next time. It's not about who they are that is important, but rather that they vote for you, buy your product, read your website...etc.