Images - How Do I Add an Image to a Post?

Discussion in 'Site How Do I... - vb' started by Nathan, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    #1 Nathan, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
    There are probably as many ways to add an image to a post as there are MINI variations. Each is covered in it's own thread with and Index of those threads found in the post.

Images can come from multiple source. Some of the most common are to upload the image to your Album or Gallery here on Motoring Alliance. They can also be attached to a post directly from your PC. Images hosted in the Album or Galley will display in the post where you would like it to be. Attached images will always display at the end of the post as a thumbnail version other registered members can click on and open. While attachments are very quick and easy they are not visible to guests of the site and cannot be placed where you would in the post.

Motoring Alliance allows you to store a lot of images, there is a total of 1TB of storage as of this writing. You are permitted to "Hot-Link" or use images stored on Motoring Alliance on other sites. I only ask that images stored here relate to the site in some manner. Please note: images uploaded in the Garage, WheelFinder or BadgeFinder do not count against any quota.

Images can also be hosted on many other image hosting sites such as Flickr, SmugMug, Picassa and PhotoBucket, just to name a few. You can store a lot of images on sites such as these of pretty much any subject matter. Many are free or low cost options. The only real risk when using a third party site is they change their structure, then links in your posts to those images will be broken. It does not happen often but can be quite disruptive when it does.

This post will grow and change over time.

Images - How Do I add an Image to a Post from my Album Images in you Album on Motoring Alliance can be linked to display in a post. Please see Images - Albums - Adding images to Albums for instructions on how to add images to Albums. (Coming Soon)

Images - How Do I add an Image from Photobucket (Old, need to be verified)

Mobile Device / Tapatalk - Tapatalk is an app one can use to read and post to Motoring Alliance from a iPhone or Android device.

2. Gil-galad

Gil-galad Club Coordinator

May 19, 2009
    Male
    Decorah, IA
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    I take it that ForumRunner is the other, unmentioned mobile app?

3. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Patience grasshopper...I will be adding the directions for ForumRunner soon..

This is a thread under heavy construction..

4. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for making time to do this! Will adding from a non-mobile device be adressed as well?

5. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Yes. And soon. That was just a warm up to get me thinking about how to accomplish this project.

6. Firebro17

Firebro17 Dazed, but not Confused
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 18, 2010
    Retired CAL FIRE Battalion Chief
    The Great Irrigated Desert of Central CA
    Ratings:
    +3,328 / 0 / -0
    Very cool. Thanks! (Just anticipating that Garage Thread and want'a do it justice.)

7. Norm03s

Norm03s New Member

May 5, 2009
    Working at being retired.
    Somewhere in Sykesville. Md.
    Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Whats the best and easiest free cloud photo gallery service to use?
    I have some new pictures to share from my Droidx2, need how to and recommendations please.

8. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,656 / 2 / -0
    I think Photobucket is pretty easy & it is free.