Inmates with Internet Access???

Discussion in 'Politics and other "Messy" Stuff' started by Way Motor Works, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
  2. iwashmycar

iwashmycar Active Member

Jun 1, 2009
    architecture
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    welp i'm off to Norway to commit murder.... ill Facebook my progress :lol:

3. Justa Jim

Justa Jim Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    :lol::lol::lol::Thumbsup:

Jim

4. Nick5811

Nick5811 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well without the internet, how are they going to run their criminal enterprise and seduce lonely single mothers with low self esteem and 14 year old girls?

That's how I met my...uh, I mean, I suppose that's how one could meet their, er...nevermind...

It's wrong! Take that away from them! Make them work for their privileges like Sheriff Joe of Maricopa County!

5. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    Yepper, at Fort Leavenworth, hard labor still means making little rocks out of big rocks and it seems to work very well. :Thumbsup:

Jim

6. MINImum

MINImum New Member

May 5, 2010
    near Atlanta
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll bet Sheriff Joe's prisoners don't have internet access. :) I will say, though, that here in my county in Georgia our prisoners are on the sides of the roads every day picking up trash. They also work at the landfill. So it's nice to get a little manual labor for all the tax dollars we're spending on them.

Way, I'll be a character witness when you go on trial for "aiding and abetting" with auto parts. ;)

7. Nick5811

Nick5811 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At CCU (correctional custody unit in the Marine Corps) they pound a huge concrete block into dust, and then other Marines take that dust, mix it with water and make another huge concrete block.

I saw a thing where at Sheriff Joe's tent city the inmates have to ride a stationary bicycle to generate power for television. I really like the idea of making jail a place nobody wants to go back to instead of a slightly inconvenient club-med vacation.

8. Justa Jim

Lifetime Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Ratings:
    +1,685 / 0 / -0
    The CCU, the DB and Sheriff Joe have the right idea. :lol: :Thumbsup:

Jim

9. Blainestang

Blainestang New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. They shouldn't have TV, internet, sports fields, etc.

If for one measly second they are enjoying themselves, we have failed. It's JAIL, not a Country Club. It's punishment (and protection for non-criminals), not fun time.

When kids do something bad, do the parents tell them to go update their Facebook? No, they spank them or send them to their room to stare at the wall. When you commit a crime, you shouldn't be moving somewhere where your situation is an improvement over your prior arrangement.

Jail/Prison should be one of two things:

1. Hard Labor every day, no Facebook... preferably hard labor that is beneficial to the people paying for them to be in there (I think prisoners in FL make the license plates or something). In fact, prisons should be just like any other group [should be]. You work, you eat... otherwise, you don't. Oh, you go on work/hunger strike? Somebody call the whaaambulance... a criminal starved to death because they didn't want to work.

2. Australia-style: Drop the criminals off on a remote island with as little supervision as possible to keep them there. What if they kill each other off? Good.

10. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    Ok guys, it's still rough in there. Sure the rapist and murderers get computer time and Facebook accounts.

But poor Bernie Madoff has to make his own tee time and decide which hor dourves to pick for lunch.

11. Nick5811

Nick5811 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not to get all condescending or pretentious or anything...

...but since the Federal government criminalized drugs like they did in the 1990's, Federal prisons went from being country clubs to being just as bad (if not worse) than state prisons.

You can have as much cocaine hydrochloride as you want, but God forbid you have a single useable crack rock! Some people say it's the racist government's way of keeping down the minorities who most often smoke crack versus the clientele of cocaine powder. I think it has something to do with the price of crack versus powder rather than trying to put more minorities in jail.

Either way, I don't want to go to any jails or prisons, facebook or not. And lets not even get started on jails and prisons in Mexico...

12. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    Well, I think prisoner's rights is an oxymoron too - if you're in prison the only right you should have is not to get it up the butt from your roomy or get beat up or shivved out in the yard.

I also think that if these guys were out doing hard labor all day instead of lifting weights out in the yard they'd be too tired to get into trouble. Pay for their keep? You bet - I'm all for this....

13. vargasgal

vargasgal Club Coordinator

May 12, 2009
    Memphis
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can you imagine their status updates:

Joe Murderer is now friends with Jack Shank, Big John Bendover and Warden Bubba Gun.

Joe Murderer Dropped the soap again :(

Joe Murderer checked in at The Yard

It is getting a little out of control...

14. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    :eek6:

At least there will be no "I'm going shopping" statements followed by a n"I'm Home....now cooking dinner...petting the dog...."

15. Cubby

Cubby Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Clovis, CA
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No, the reason they are looked at differently, is that cocaine comes from a plant (natural), and crack/meth is man made. Cocaine is brought in to the states, cut, and sold. Crack/meth is made in Joe Blow's back yard, and is easily available, and that's why it is cheaper.

16. drink8648

drink8648 New Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Owner / Retail Menswear
    Jamaica Plain, MA
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You know those online surveys you fill out...guess who is compiling them. Beware of what information you give!

17. ZippyNH

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody ever answer them honestly?! That is if the put anything in!!
    Welcome!! Another New Englander!!:Thumbsup:

18. Nick5811

Nick5811 New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "...And he noted that the sentencing disparity "has disproportionately filled our prisons with young black and Latino drug users." He cited figures that African Americans serve almost as much time for drug offenses -- 58.7 months -- as whites do for violent offenses -- 61.7 months..."

New law signed by Pres. Obama to "fix" the disparity! ...unfortunately it seems like a money issue rather than a justice issue.

Press Release - Fair Sentencing Act Reduces Disparity for Cocaine Sentences

19. minimark

minimark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0 / -0
    Perfect time to dumb down our criminal system just like our educational system....

20. ZippyNH

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    Part of the disparity might be due to the fact that a larger percentage of minorities are commuting crimes in conjunction with the drug use....theft, assault....mostly due to the economic realities of the socio-economic group they belong too...
    Lets face it...a lawyer doing a line of coke in his bedroom is one thing, or a teen doing some X at a rave in one thing, but a crackhead sealing your wallet to get High, or a headbanger "popping a cap" in an innocent bystander while high as a gang rite of initiation is another....

Anybody who believes in "SOCIAL JUSTICE" is himself a racist IMO...cause they propose making one class if living citizens inferior due to the actions of their dead or mostly dead ancestors!! The person who is being put at at disadvantage has never done anything wrong...and the person that folks are attempting to "elevate" has in many cases done nothing to deserve the elevation...the definition of racism!! Favoring one over another based on an abjuratory charismatic!!

No to go back to the the concept sentencing is just a way to keep minorities down...lots of BS...do you know how much money it takes to keep ANYBODY in JAIL?! :eek6:

If society as a whole wants to keep a class of citizens down and out...there are other more cost effective ways!! To say it is a conspiracy is just not admitting that ANYTHING the government does has unintended consequences!! The more a government tries to control people/society, the more perverted/distorted things can become

One last thing...often only the charges that carry the longest sentence is prosecuted....so other charges are not cause it is harder to prove a case...drug use/possession is comparatively easy for a prosecutor to prove, and a conviction opens the door to the person getting clean-up and treated at GOVERNMENT expense,,,something that most folks do not/cannot get!! So everything is not so simple....