Interesting MINI promo (if you don't mind driving a mobile ad)

Discussion in 'MINI' started by Rixter, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Got this email from my MINI dealer today. I am not selling these cars, I just thought it was an interesting promo.

Gold Medal Deal: Get $2010 off a Demo MINI and we'll throw in a roof rack...
    [​IMG]
    If you were in Vancouver during the Olympics, you can't have missed the fleet of 40 Canon Shuttle MINIs zooming around town. With a big camera and 800mm lens on the roof they were a fun and unmistakable part of the big show.

Now that the games are over, the savings are just getting started. This fleet of demo MINIs are going to be gold medal deals for some lucky customers. Not only are we taking $2010 off the price but we're also throwing in a free roof rack worth $490 for a total savings of $2500 on these as-new warrantied MINIs.

If that wasn't enough, Canon is sweetening the $2010 deal with a special and unique offer to our customers. If you leave the Canon Olympic wrap on the car for 6 months, you'll get a Canon EOS Rebel Camera (MSRP $899) for free on top of the already great deal you're getting. The EOS Rebel is a fully featured SLR digital camera the produces pro quality 18.0 megapixel images at up to 3.7 frames per second. And it's a perfect partner for the adventures you'll have in your new MINI.

2. VioletDC

VioletDC Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Copyeditor
    Leesburg, VA
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    That is a cool ad! I'd keep the Canon wrap, as well (IF I lived Canada AND IF I was in the market 4 a new MINI)! :Thumbsup:

3. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    #3 Rixter, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    I'd like to see Mark or Richard detail that with camera on the roof on and have to mask all around the bits and pieces :smilewinkgrin:

4. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It would have to be at least an EOS 7D. I'm not driving an ad for a stinkin' Rebel!

5. VioletDC

VioletDC Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Copyeditor
    Leesburg, VA
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh! I thought the Rebel would be a good thing! :confused: Just goes 2 show ya how much I know about cameras! LOL :D

6. bee1000

bee1000 New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Marketing
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Rebels are good, but I'm a Canon snob who fancies himself too good for them. Mind you, my EOS 10D is coming up on its 7th birthday, so it's not like I buy them very often!

7. Metalman

Metalman Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Sep 29, 2009
    Ex-Owner (Retired) of a custom metal fab company.
    Columbus, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +7,916 / 1 / -0
    If I was in the market for one of these special MINI's, I would try to work the deal to keep the fake camera on the roof. Imagine walking around with that huge prop. Security would think I was "somebody". That and some fake press passes might get me into the paddocks. Hmmmmmmmm.

Nah, better not, I would just get into trouble. But it could work:aureola:

8. Rixter

Rixter Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Technology Architect
    North of the 49th
    Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    When I was a student I used to drive to the local corner stores across the city and replenish their newpaper supplies. I had Chevy Chevette with the name of the newspaper painted all over. There was once a building fire, so I was being a typical nosey teen, I decided to check it out. The police promptly waved me thru the barriccade line figuring I was with the press :Thumbsup: Little did they no.

9. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :Thumbsup: Well that's very appropriate since California was a Yankee State during the War of Northern Aggression.:cornut: Jason

10. VioletDC

VioletDC Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Copyeditor
    Leesburg, VA
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Oh, OK; I'm a lowly Canon A610 owner of about 3 yrs, and am just getting in2 taking pics ... I'm enjoying the time I get 2 play around w/it.