2nd Gen Most liked posts in thread: Introducing me and my problem with Cooper D 2007, june

1. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    I'm also hoping Gorilla heat resistant and waterproof tape, applied to the plastic and re-screwed down with washers will solve the problem. If that works, I'll let you know.

2. wmwny

wmwny Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    Male
    Retired
    Piqua, Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,790 / 10 / -0
    Welcome to M/A!

With regard to the bottom piece loosening from the fasteners, I have had this problem with my two '06 Generation 1 MCSes. In the past, my mechanic has used sheet metal screws with washers to reinforce the OEM fasteners. This is an on-going problem with my two cars and a lot of it is due to age, as well as road conditions.

I hope this helps.

3. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    Every car needs a bit of duct tape somewhere. :Thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I use good T&B zip ties to hold the back of the lower panels up. For the front part I tuck it between the radiator and the bumper cover and it stays in place when you tighten the lower bumper cover bolts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Montecarlo

Montecarlo New Member

Nov 19, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    hello, thank you all for these infos. I will carry out these works. I’ve spotted two holes in the front arms, I’m going to install inserts and tries to reinforce the front panel fixing.;)

6. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    If you have time take a few pictures underneath so we are sure that you are working on.

Also, a few pictures of your car would be cool. We love pictures.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Montecarlo

Montecarlo New Member

Nov 19, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ahhhhh! Dave, I understand your impatience,
    but your doubts are a little vexing.
    With my great age, I need time to work, especially since I don’t have a bridge, I work under candlelight, which is not convenient to make photos without wide-angle lenses.
    Right now my priority is something you can’t help me with, because it's about my 1.6 turbodiesel engine from PSA It is time for me to clean the oil pan to protect the turbo and I am not sure that I could remove it, stuck it seems to be between a frame rail and the strainer which is very bulky.
    Moreover, my 1981 Lancia Montecarlo causes me some worries because of lack of power, probably due to a problem in advance of the ignition which I also have to take care of.
    I also have a Windows 7 that spoils my life and will lead to a renewal of my computer with all the problems that it breaks me for my Xp or W7 compatible tools.
    Finally, in winter, the landscaped park I manage (6000m2) requires a lot of care, especially the pruning of a few trees (25) and the weather varying from rain to storm does not make it easy for me.
    For my wife's mini, currently I’m looking for front protection in auto breakdowns. Next week, I will probably decide to order from mini. As soon as I receive it, I will try to take a picture of what I can do.
    In the short term, I am trying to photograph my garage N°1; it is such a mess that I am a little ashamed, I hope you will not consider it as representative of the Frenchies, because I am a little apart ,as my avatar may have indicated.
    In any case, i'll give some picture soon, in all sympathy

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Dave.0

Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    Welcome to M\A .

We do not have the MINI D in the USA but I am someone will be along to help you out with a few ideas.

9. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    Welcome to MA! Your english is way better than my French.
    Can you tell where the noise is coming from? We have a few members from GB that may be along to help.

10. Montecarlo

Montecarlo New Member

Nov 19, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    My chance is that the noise have no connection with the engine.
    It comes from the front right, at the angle, not far from the windscreen.
    It has automatic air conditioning.
    I have unclog the motor for the ventilation of the passenger. compartment.
    Sincerely

11. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    When you said you unclogged the motor, did you change the cabin filter also? It whistles more when rain is present, this is odd. The car takes in air for the passenger compartment on the side of the battery, I would think that would be the same for a MINI D. Open the battery compartment and you should see the opening for air that leads to the cabin filter. Perhaps something is blocking air flow there and causing the whistle. Or perhaps a piece of the rubber around the windshield is lifting at speed to cause the whistle

12. Montecarlo

Montecarlo New Member

Nov 19, 2019
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I changed the air cabin filter every two years, and each time I looked around with the hope to see something wrong but it is a very clear space.
    I will done what you suggest specially because of the influence of the rain which change the tone of the whistling, but I suppose that the Garage had already done that during the warranty period so I'm not sure to see something.
    Is there any part I could get to be replaced ?

In addition, the flat bottom at the front, under the engine, tends to free from the fasteners at the front of the chassis do you have a tip to improve this assembly?

many thanks again

13. Sully

Sully Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Jul 21, 2015
    Software
    Ratings:
    +1,102 / 8 / -0
    Welcome to MA.. you have the right crew trying to help. Pictures would be wonderful.

14. MCS02

MCS02 Moderator

Jul 31, 2009
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7,891 / 10 / -3
    I can promise you, your garage is not as bad as mine. Right now on my work shop side has 6 motorcycles shoved in there. Not all mine a couple are friends bikes that I am working on. Its quite the mess.

15. minirab

minirab Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Hagerstown, Md.
    Ratings:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    Let me see, let me see the bikes!