1st Gen R53 Cooper S Most liked posts in thread: Invidia exhaust question

1. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Alternatives..........best is a custom exhaust from a local exhaust shop. You can get a custom Magnaflow system for about that price.

2. Rocco8788

Rocco8788 New Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    So I went to my local muffler shop. After looking at my car for about 2.3 seconds his suggestion was to run a single Magnaflow "Magnapack" where the resonator is curently to a y pipe and bend the 2 outlets upwhere the factory mufflers are and out through the center. I'm not too sold on this idea. I feel that it may be raspy and drone too much at highway cruzing. I don't care about it being loud at WOT but not when I'm on the interstate.
    Anyone have any Ideas. Any one know what the part number is on the Magnaflow or Borla mufflers that are used in there cat back systems? Is it possible to get them without the full system?

3. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    Most of the systems I have seen done are the same as the JCW exhaust with/with out the center resonator. I don't know which model number of muffler it is, but the shop should be able to tell you as it really comes down to what will fit.