1st Gen R53 Cooper S Invidia N1 exhaust resonator is shot

Discussion in '1st Generation: 2002–06 R50, R53 & 2004–08 R52' started by Tummi_Gummi, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    WHAT ON EARTH! Got to looking inside my resonator today only to find the inside chamber mesh pipe has warped drastically. At least half an inch outward in some spots. I wonder if there is a warranty or not. I have only had it for about 6 months.
    [​IMG]
    You can see that top shadow is the big bubble and there are some ripples all around. It was not like this when I bought it new obviously.

2. fridayxiii

fridayxiii Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Male
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Damn! I have the N1 as well. I've had mine on for over a year but haven't had a chance to look at the resonator. I wonder if mine looks the same :confused:

3. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pilot
    Southern NH
    Ratings:
    +688 / 0 / -0
    One thought...does it still work OK? Some parts like exaust parts are not very pretty once used....

4. Tummi_Gummi

Tummi_Gummi New Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Online Sales Manager
    Springfield, MO
    Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I don't care if it sounds like it's working. A performance exhaust shouldn't deteriorate to the point of causing restrictions to air flow. Especially in less than a year. Invidia refused to warranty it out and is no longer responding to my emails. Which I will gather into a thread and post. People should be aware of their motives. They said they didn't have the ability to pull me a resonator pipe from an unopened exhaust box. Yet offered to sell me the same resonator pipe for 215$... they are after the money not customer service. I'll be sure to bad mouth them whenever they are brought up because of their lack of care for their customers.