Pre Migration It has been a tough Winter....

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Nathan, Feb 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Nathan

Nathan Founder

Mar 30, 2009
    Writer
    Short North
    Ratings:
    +10,069 / 0 / -0
    Yep, it really has been a tough winter here in the US. I can easily tell. Not from the weather reports of lots of snow about to hit the nations mid-section again. Not from the fact that we have lots of really cold days here where M/A World HQ is located....

... I can tell from all the ass holes coming out of the woodwork and spewing their crap all over Motoring Alliance. For you see, we drive MINIs, and when some people are cooped up for too long they forget just how much FUN a MINI is to drive. They sit behind their keyboards and try and drive them. It's not working. You know who you are, you are crashing and burning for all of us to see.

You drive a MINI, be happy. You could be stuck in some thing like a used Pontiac Aztek with mismatched tires. Then I could understand the need to lash out. But you drive a MINI. How can you not have a smile on your face. I know I do, even when it is just a 1/2 mile down the road and it raining and dark and cold and my slightly modded MINI is sputtering and doesn't want to grip cause the summer tires are like bricks. It is STILL FUN, more fun than that Aztek with mismatched tires. More fun than a Toyota Appliance...How can you not be happy, you are in a MINI.

So here is the deal, get over yourselves. Stop the sniping at each other and I'll stop these diatribes.

Deal?

Get out and drive, put that smile back in place.

2. Tata Steva

Tata Steva MINI of the Month - September 2010

May 30, 2010
    DOP/stock Photography
    TO
    Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Nathan:

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of the MINI of the month contest for the second time. It was fun while it lasted, and then (unfortunately) it was not... Too bad. :cryin:

You are running a good race!

Regards,

Tata

3. noodlesandsam

noodlesandsam New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Irvington NY
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    +1 Good post, You are right, these are fun cars.

4. zinful

zinful MINI of the Month - August 2010

May 23, 2009
    Retired
    Just west of the gateway arch
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Chill Out

Some people have too much time on their hands, come on people, be nice, and while you are at it Honk & Wave, and not just with your middle finger!!!:biggrin5:

5. trouble1943

trouble1943 New Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    #5 trouble1943, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    Hi Nathan (and community):

Your comments and temporary "shut-down" are probably well-deserved. I can't judge, since I haven't read the sniping posts. (If you could direct me to them, I would appreciate it.) :biggrin5:

I'm still a newbie. I think I may have posted a few months ago asking about exhaust systems. (Got "Cooper" ... an 07 S convertible with auto and every option that existed). After a lot of research and having my son-in-law inquire about installation cost, it turned out that a little garage ("Compare Auto") that lists "TIRES MUFFLERS TOWING" on their web site and business cards is owned by a guy who does frame-off restorations and works on show and race cars. At the time, I had decided on a K & N CAI and a Milltek exhaust. The Milltek would have run $850 and the garage owner wanted $130 to install.

Then he told my son-in-law that instead of spending $850 on a box of pipes and tubes, he could build me a custom exhaust that he guaranteed I'd love for around $350.

So for a total of less than what just the Milltek would have cost pre-installed, I got the CAI and a custom exhaust with MagnaFlow mufflers and tips. And the sound is AWESOME: sounds like 800 plus horsepower under the hood.

Now that I've put everyone to sleep, remember: A cold and rainy day can be depressing and gloomy, but a MINI is fun forever.

6. Minidave

Minidave Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Dec 22, 2009
    Male
    Overland Park, Ks
    Ratings:
    +5,003 / 1 / -0
    I'm happy cause after a week at the dealer waiting for parts, and being delayed by terrible snow storms, I got my Clubby back today!

Just in time for the second snow storm to hit us tonight! :D

7. Steve

Steve Administrator
    Staff Member Articles Moderator

Apr 23, 2009
    Maryland, USA
    Ratings:
    +3,166 / 0 / -0
    Some people are only truly happy when they're sniping and spewing disdain, contempt and hostility at others. They think it's fun. It makes them smile.

Some of those people also like to drive MINIs and like to chat about it.

Nathan (and the rest of us who help him care for M/A) encourage the latter. Take the vitriol elsewhere.

8. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVc5yU5amCc]Ren and Stimpy Happy Happy Joy Joy PocketPC - YouTube[/ame]

9. debscooper

debscooper New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Export/Food Service Sales Service
    annandale nj ~ OZ
    Ratings:
    +113 / 0 / -0
    #9 debscooper, Feb 25, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
    Nathan thanks to you and M/A . . . I can call the best people in the entire world friends . . . And they drive the coolest car EVER . . . thank you for holding this site and members to a much higher standard than the "just average" . . . We all owe you a big MINI Cheer and the some Cheers

10. Jason Montague

Jason Montague New Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Jan 5, 2010
    Physician Assitant (retired)
    Sherman,Tx
    Ratings:
    +1,588 / 0 / -0
    :wink::wink:And a Bronks Cheer:prrr::prrr::prrr::lol::lol::lol:Yes Nathan is a GOOD GUY!:Thumbsup:

Jason

11. Crashton

Crashton Club Coordinator

Jun 4, 2009
    Retired old fart
    Hooterville Ohio USA
    Ratings:
    +11,662 / 2 / -0
    :Thumbsup::prrr::prrr::prrr::Thumbsup:

For all you do this raspberry salute is for you Nathan. :postcount

Thank you :D

12. Mini Coop

Mini Coop New Member

Feb 10, 2013
    The "Real Upstate New York"
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for setting it straight.

13. Ofioliti

Ofioliti New Member

May 9, 2009
    Professor
    ... always curious
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Dang, I missed the fun. I was out motoring! :D

14. beken

beken Well-Known Member
    Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    IT - Complex business systems in the cloud
    Delta, BC
    Ratings:
    +2,100 / 1 / -0
    Me too.

And those grumpy indoor motorers? Go back to that other site. No wait, that other site seems to have toned down too. :postcount

15. Dave.0

Dave.0 Helix & RMW Powered
    Lifetime Supporter

May 4, 2009
    Burbs of Philly, PA
    Ratings:
    +14,644 / 10 / -4
    I think EVERYONE needs to stop being so uptight about every little thing that is posted on the M/A or the Internet.

If you can't take the heat on the internet maybe the internet is not for you.

Instead of crying and posting about everything just look I the mirror at the real problem.

16. Camaro

Camaro New Member

May 5, 2009
    Industrial designer
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Forums turn into a type of entertainment if you spend all your time actually making stuff go fast to ultimately make or break records all the while driving to the grocery store after. But then again we are on a MINI forum where something like that is considered strictly race car and not a street car. Need to get with the times when 1000+whp cars or trucks drop kids off at soccer practice, drop the mail at the post office, then bust out a 230mph standing mile to blow off steam from the work day. The same idea applies to really any car that gets modified.

17. yellowbritishrocket

yellowbritishrocket Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    Do people want tissues for their issues? Are we mice or are we men/women? I think myself a martian to be honest. Look im tired of the fake outrage and "GOLLY GEE WILIKERS" moments...i know alot of people on this forum in person from different events and so on...im like this in person as well as online...so lets drop the act...do you all realize the more you try to NOT be like NAM...the more you become something worse....stop censoring people and let them have it out...which is why i still maintain there needs to be a section where people can go and hash it out...they keep it there and out of the main forum's...and if a thread gets out of control...move it to that section...i belong to a couple of forum's that do just that and it seems to go well and doesnt lead to every single damn thread being locked because certain people who get butthurt go screaming MOMMMYYYY HEEE IS BEEEING A BULLLYYYYY.... how about if you treat people like adults and let them work their issues out instead of people flying in and locking threads which make people resentful and the next time they get a chance get twice as vicious...

dont like the way i said it...tough...its time for people around here to grow a thicker skin and GROW THE HELL UP...

are people having problems in their life? yes...no one is exempt...myself included...but i dont sit here belly aching just because someone doesnt like me...i know you cant please all of the people all of the time

18. R35P3CT

R35P3CT New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Student/Line Service Tech
    Lincoln, NE
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Internet is serious business.

19. ScottinBend

ScottinBend Space Cowboy
    Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Bend, OR USA
    Ratings:
    +2,678 / 1 / -0

How about instead of "working it out" we all just act like adults instead of pissed off little kids.....and RESPECT each other. Thick skin should not be a prerequesite to joining a forum.

20. yellowbritishrocket

yellowbritishrocket Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ratings:
    +277 / 0 / -0
    Thick skin is required for life in general, we cant be civil all the time...its not in human dna...there is a reason why people conflict with each other its just the natural course we take...by and large people do get along but there are times where you just have to have it out or people will build resentment against everyone and will snap at them for no reason...

Respect is earned not implied...we sit here and DEMAND RESPECT...that is not how you get it...you want my respect?? EARN IT...i could care less if you respect me or not im going to continue on doing what i have been doing... we act more like kids when we sit here crying and complaining about people not respecting others...

Did anyone consider that some are doing this for attention...if you dont pay them mind chances are they stop when they realize no one is listening?